Re: [eBook-List] In a Different Direction.....Author eServices

  • Joseph Teller
    Message 1 of 24 , Feb 1, 2001
      On 31 Jan 01, at 17:22, David Dyer wrote:

      > This is exactly what eBookAd offers! Quit grumbling and go check it out! <g>

      David

      I was just there and looking at things. There is no instant easy
      "add a Book" option to the system. According to the page as a self
      publisher I have to email them the details about my book and wait
      for them to add it to the list.

      They also lack a category for what I write and want listed (Game
      Books).

      I'll write them and then wait and see how long it takes to get a
      response and get listed and will then report my success for folks
      here in regards to working with them

      Thanks

      Joe

      Joe Teller Chief Librarian
      "Isn't It Time To Put Some Fantasy In Your Life?"
      http://www.fantasylibrary.com
      Architect of Dreams Defender of Discordia
    • David Dyer
      Message 2 of 24 , Feb 1, 2001
        >>According to the page as a self publisher I have to email them the details about my book and wait for them to add it to the list.<<

        Sort of true.  eBookAd is not an, uh, half-fannied outfit.  You sign up as a publisher.  When accepted, you are given a user name and password.  Once armed with this recognition, you can (must) add your author(s) info and then the book info yourself.  You send them graphics (author mug shot if you like and cover graphic) as email attachments and they add those.  (I added five books -- our February releases -- this morning.  They have already added the graphics I sent.)

        I tried to get them to add an "erotica" genre, but they declined.  They have so many options, you can surely find one that comes close.

        Another great thing is that people can (and do) add comments about the publisher and book reviews.  There are three comments about Renaissance E Books, and I know only one of the contributors.

        Another great thing about eBookAd is that you DO get hits from their site.

        David

        ===============
        Visit Renaissance E Books at http://www.renebooks.com for exciting novels and collections of short stories for mature audiences.

        Search over 12,000 eBook titles at http://www.eBookAd.com/?affid=2024

        PayPal is a great way to pay for online purchases.  Check it out at https://secure.paypal.x.com/refer/pal=dyer%40renebooks.com.
      • Lillie Ammann
        Message 3 of 24 , Feb 1, 2001
          Have you checked out ebooksrock <http://www.ebooksrock.net/index.html>?
          Cass Andre is trying to build the largest e-book only directory on the Internet, and I believe she will list ANY e-book. Submission instructions are on the site. You will get listed faster if you provide complete information, including the URLs to every page your book is available for sale. If you don't include everything, Cassii has several volunteers (including me) who research to find the links, but that takes a lot of time and delays your listing.

          At 02:14 PM 2/1/2001, you wrote:
          >a master reference site that lets EVERYONE in, not
          >just the name authors, not just those who pay it a fee to be listed,
          >not just those who are published by a big company (but which
          >includes self publishers and small press), and not just those it gets
          >a cut of the sales from. A real open cataloging system that anyone
          >could use to find the information.

        • Joseph Teller
          Message 4 of 24 , Feb 1, 2001
            On 1 Feb 01, at 15:47, Lillie Ammann wrote:

            > Have you checked out ebooksrock <http://www.ebooksrock.net/index.html>?
            > Cass Andre is trying to build the largest e-book only directory on the Internet, and I believe she will list ANY e-book. Submission instructions are on the site. You will get listed faster if you provide complete information, including the URLs to every page your book is available for sale.
            If you don't include everything, Cassii has several volunteers (including me) who research to find the links, but that takes a lot of time and delays your listing.

            I'll have to take a look at this one and see if it does the sort of thing
            I'm talking about....