Re: [ebook-community] Eudora OSE default mail store [X-posted]

  • josephHarris
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 15, 2013
      Leslie,

      That is a very interesting website, and one to note. It explains a
      little about earlier Eudora, but my question is newer and deeper
      technically that the site is for. I am on Windows 7 and, typical MS (or
      many OS sellers) the old programs are not well catered for. But thank
      you for responding and for introducing me to oldversion.com.

      Joseph Harris

      On 15/07/2013 17:37, leslie wrote:

      > Maybe oldversion.com will have what you need?
      >
      > http://www.oldversion.com/search?query=eudora
      >
      > See if I am even on the right track.

    • leslie
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 16, 2013
        Thanks for the response, indeed I totally misunderstood the question.
        Yes the site I quoted (oldversions.com)comes in handy so now and then. Ah
        computers...!

        Leslie

        That is a very interesting website, and one to note. It explains a
        little about earlier Eudora, but my question is newer and deeper
        technically that the site is for. I am on Windows 7 and, typical MS (or
        many OS sellers) the old programs are not well catered for. But thank
        you for responding and for introducing me to oldversion.com.

        Joseph Harris

        On 15/07/2013 17:37, leslie wrote:

        > Maybe oldversion.com will have what you need?
        >
        > http://www.oldversion.com/search?query=eudora
        >
        > See if I am even on the right track.

        Switch to digest: ebook-community-digest [[at]] *
        Switch to normal: ebook-community-normal [[at]] *
        Put mail on hold: ebook-community-nomail [[at]] *
        Administrator: ebook-community-owner [[at]] *

        (* == yahoogroups.com)
        -------------------------------------------------------Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Chris Smith
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 17, 2013
          (Yep, we're OT - I'm keeping this one on-list so people know there was a
          response, but after this, it should likely go off-list.)

          Eudora OSE 1.0 is based on Thunderbird 3.0.4

          I recommend trying starting at this point (should be one line, space
          before Data)

          C:\Documents and Settings\<Windows user name>\Application
          Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\<Profile name>

          ... where Windows user name is the user name from your Windows login. The
          Profile name may be different - you could back up one by just looking in
          the Profiles directory and seeing if you recognize any subdirectories
          underneath it.

          Note that some of the directories in that chain may be hidden - you will
          not see them on a standard configuration Windows machine by just looking
          in the directory above.

          Once in the specific profile directory, you should see files that
          represent your stored mail. However -- I have no idea what you will find
          there. I think Thunderbird uses the mbox format, which *likely* means you
          will see one file for each mail folder you have, but I cannot be certain
          about that. Note that there will likely be other files as well, which may
          contain your mail configuration. Be careful if you decide to delete
          things!

          The following two pages are quite specific, and might help.

          http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Thunderbird

          http://kb.mozillazine.org/Moving_your_mail_storage_location_(Thunderbird)

          ... Chris