Amazon To Launch Virtual Currency

  • josephHarris
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2013
      [Many, many more years ago than a 29-year-old like myself can possibly
      remember, I recall our British retail Co-ops had 'Co-op' coins that were
      given in change for the 'check trading' loans - smallish sums handed out
      as ten shilling (half a pound) certificates. The Co-ops were, and are, a
      very large trading organisation, chiefly in groceries. This is an
      interesting modern variation, already used in many places on the net and
      with games. Its purpose here is to overcome problems with the current
      Apps selling and development. It is being popularised with a big initial
      give-away.]

      Amazon To Launch Virtual Currency
      Amazon is to introduce its own virtual currency for purchasing apps,
      games and in-app items on Kindle Fire

      http://www.booktrade.info/i.php/35953-45487
      http://www.finextra.com/News/FullStory.aspx?newsitemid=24515