ebook production software
- On 1/2/2013 8:16 AM, Idil wrote:
> Which software do you prefer for ebook production and why?ePubEditor (https://sourceforge.net/projects/epubeditor/).
I like it because:
1. ePub is the linqua franca of e-books, and I feel no need to cater to
any other format.
2. It wraps all the tools I use to edit the component parts of an ePub:
Microsoft's Visual Web Developer (free edition) for HTML, TextPad for
CSS, IrfranView for images. Plus, it allows me to change the tools to
anything else I want, whenever I want.
3. It allows me to alter HTML elements and their attributes without
affecting the child elements of those elements. It also allows me to
delete an element without deleting the child elements.
4. It allows me to run XSLT transformations on HTML files based on the
publisher attribute, which I use to clean up the truly clueless and
abominable markup used by most major publishers.
5. I wrote it, so if it doesn't do something I want it to I just
re-write it so it does.
6. It can interface to the IDPF's epubchecker, although IDPF keeps
changing the epubchecker interface, so that functionality is currently
broken. Maybe someday I'll fix it when it becomes important enough to
rise above other requested features and bug fixes.