Re: [ebook-community] Needing help with Ebooks...

  • Russel Davis
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 18, 2012
      On 12/18/12, Danielle Dunn <danielle.dunn22@...> wrote:
      > I have a 3 books put into pdf and they were all scanned in that way... I
      > don't have a word document for them so i was wondering what I could do to
      > turn them into kindle books and epub??? If anyone could tell me how I can do
      > that I would really appreciate it...

      Since you have it scanned as a PDF your best bet is to convert via OCR
      to a Word document, fix the issues that arise (i.e. paragraph returns
      at the end of each line, letters not being interpreted properly, for
      instance "la" might end up as "h" and so on). If the text is in a
      serif vs. san-serif it will come across a lot better. Also, if the
      resolution of the scan is at least 300 dpi that helps too. One thing
      to try is to copy the pages at about 150% then scan that in and it
      should give you about a 98% positive hit rate.

      Once you have cleaned up the text the rest is fairly easy and not much
      more than a formatting exercise to get it to look the way you want.
      I've done this for a couple dozen clients when we don't have the
      original manuscript. It's time intensive but not difficult.

      --

      Best regards,

      Russ Davis
      Gray Dog Press
      www.graydogpress.com
    • Sensei J. Richard Kirkham B.Sc
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 18, 2012
        > Since you have it scanned as a PDF your best bet is to convert via OCR
        > to a Word document, fix the issues that arise (i.e. paragraph returns
        > at the end of each line, letters not being interpreted properly, for
        > instance "la" might end up as "h" and so on). If the text isĀ

        I get the feed from a Freeware yahoo group. You might be able to find the ocr software for free by using the search featureĀ http://kirkhamsebooks.com/forum/more-internet-marketing-software-click-here/

        Rick