Links and Files (side menu)

  • auwg
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 25, 2012
      Porn, spam, get-rich-quick-with-ebooks, and similar.

      I spent close to an hour cleaning out blatant and suspicious stuff from the File and Links areas.
      They were mostly (lately) from hit & runs who joined long enough to post their tripe and then unjoined, but there was also some stuff from people who've been aboard quite a while.

      One of the 'get rich quick'ers swiftly objected in an obnoxious, accusatory manner in a private email.
      He is now gone.

      If you think I've deleted something in error, say so in a message HERE.

      * DO NOT email me directly. *

      If you do, it will mean that you cannot follow even the simplest instructions and/or you regard yourself to be above the rules of petty mortals and discussion groups. And your message will end up here anyway.

      Do not whine or get nasty, just let me know in a *reasonable* public message HERE why you think your link or file should be included.

      As I mentioned, some of those stinky linkers and funky filers are still among us, so here's a simple list:

      Links to free legal ebooks - okay. Links will be checked.
      Links to pirated ebooks - Not okay.
      Links to legit goods and services - okay. There are folders for author, publisher, and member websites
      Links to hustles and scams - Not okay.
      Links to porn - Not okay.
      Links to political stuff - Not okay.
      Links to religious stuff - Not okay.
      Links to LGBT or other gender-related organizations - Not okay.
      Links to race-based sites - Not okay.
      Links to inane, narcissistic personal blogs - Not okay. Not even if you dyed your hair pink or blue or got a new tattoo. Big deal.

      Posting ebooks or manuscripts - Not okay.
      And before anyone barks, Jon's 'Wuthering Heights' versions were posted as construction how-to examples.

      Posting fanfic - Not okay.

      What did I miss? I'm sure I overlooked something.
      Ed, the 'moderator', a word which means 'one who deletes garbage and those who post it'.