Library closures and Enfield Library Service Increases Use Of Digital Reference Sources By Over 300 Percent

  • joseph harris
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2010
      [Libraries remain an invaluable resource, but cuts are forcing closures both sides of the Atlantic. A plea to turn back those cuts in the London Observer, and an example of taking libraries into the digital age from the library service of a north London borough. I think both are universal in application and worth a read.

      The second link in the first story has a list of the resources available to library members, resources otherwise quite costly. While it is possible that the Enfield service is a leader in the field, there has not been much written on what is actually available round the world. Since such a resource looks valuable to writers and publishers it would be interesting to know what kind of online and accessible services other libraries provide.]

      Enfield Library Service Increases Use Of Digital Reference Sources By Over 300 Percent
      http://www.booktrade.info/i.php/30647
      http://www.enfield.gov.uk/24hourlibrary
      Without Libraries, We Will Lose A Mark Of Our Civilisation
      http://www.booktrade.info/i.php/30646
      http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/nov/28/library-closures-catherine-bennett

      Joseph Harris is Smile Poet
      Mailing list smilepoet-subscribe@yahoogroups.com