Re: [ebook-community] Fw: BIC Code Of Practice For The Identification Of E-books -X-posted

  • Robotech_Master
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 25, 2009
      I say again, who *are* they? Who do they represent? What authority, if
      any, do they have? Is this "code of practice" just a suggestion, or is
      it something that the industry is expected to follow? Are there
      repercussions if people don't follow it?

      I've never heard of them, and would like to know more about the
      significance of this declaration.

      --
      Chris Meadows aka | WWW: http://www.terrania.us | Somebody
      Robotech_Master | ICQ: 5477383 AIM: RoboMastr | help, I'm
      robotech.master@... | Skype, LJ-Gizmo: Robotech_Master | trapped in
      robotech@... | Facebook: Robotech.Master | a sig file!
    • joseph harris
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2010
        alright Chris, I'll save you browsing to here http://www.bic.org.uk to read this:

        BIC is an independent organisation set up and sponsored by the Publishers Association, Booksellers Association, the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals and the British Library to promote supply chain efficiency in all sectors of the book world through e-commerce and the application of standard processes and procedures.

        Author: Control Your Debt Crisis on Your Own Terms