Re: [ebook-community] Re: Amazon Kindle

  • Kent S. Larsen II
    Message 1 of 50 , Nov 30, 2007
      Read the help information and the discussion at:

      http://forums.digitaltextplatform.com/dtpforums/thread.jspa?threadID=131&tstart=0

      Its clear that Amazon wants you to enter the ISBN for the print edition, so that they can associate the Kindle ebook with that edition.

      Kent

      At 11:36 AM -0600 11/30/07, you wrote:
      >It asks for the ISBN--there's nothing there about it being for the
      >print version. I used the ISBN assigned to the ebook version. Is it
      >possible you're seeing a problem where none really exists?
      >
      >Liz
      >Elizabeth Burton, Executive Editor
      >Zumaya Publications LLC
      >Opening Doors to the Creative Mind
      ><http://www.zumayapublications.com>http://www.zumayapublications.com
      >
      >On Nov 30, 2007, at 11:24 AM, Kent S. Larsen II wrote:
      >
      >The ISBN field they give in the signup is specifically for the ISBN of
      >the print edition. No other ISBN is asked for.

    • Jon Jermey
      Message 50 of 50 , Dec 4, 2007
        Google and Its Enemies
        The much-hyped project to digitize 32 million books sounds like a good
        idea. Why are so many people taking shots at it?
        by Jonathan V. Last
        12/10/2007, Volume 013, Issue 13

        http://www.weeklystandard.com/Utilities/printer_preview.asp?idArticle=14431&R=11621278FA

        Jon.