E-book reader

  • vitolog82
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2006
      I'm finding a e-book reader device and i'm so inexpert so if someone
      would give me some suggestions....
      What i'm findind is a device:
      1)cheaper
      2)supports pdf files
      3)colour (optional)
      4)supports mp3 (optional)
      Can you help me?
    • Lida
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2006
        I maintain a web page with info on ebook devices you may find helpful - PDAs, pocket PCs, emulators, info on conversion software and more.
        http://www.twilighttimesbooks.com/cybershoppe/ebook_devices.html

        Lida E. Quillen, Publisher, Twilight Times Books
        all ebooks 1/2 price until Oct. 15th.
        http://twilighttimesbooks.com/News.html

        = = = = = = =
        --- "vitolog82" wrote:

        > I'm finding a e-book reader device and i'm so inexpert so if someone
        > would give me some suggestions....
        > What i'm findind is a device:
        > 1)cheaper
        > 2)supports pdf files
        > 3)colour (optional)
        > 4)supports mp3 (optional)
        > Can you help me?

      • Rob Preece, Publisher
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2006
          Just to add to the list that Lida has posted, you might look at one of the low-cost Palms. Palm now has low cost ($100ish) color devices. Adobe supports PDF for Palms (and lots of other devices), so you'll be able to read your PDFs that way. You'll also be able to use Palm's free reader, Mobipocket, and other reader devices.

          I don't know about MP3. You might have to step up to one of the higher-end devices for this. eBooks tend to be small (less than 1MB) which means you can support a lot of them with relatively little memory. MP3 files tend to be big, which is why MP3 devices tend to be a bit more expensive.

          If you're really looking for an eBook devices, why the requirement for color? You can find a lot of perfectly workable, older generation Palms on eBay for prices well under $100.

          Best of luck on your search.

          Rob Preece
          Publisher, www.BooksForABuck.com