RE: [ebook-community] Re: Device reading

  • Brenna Lyons
    Message 1 of 58 , Jul 1, 2006
      Actually, I was thinking about a quote from Alfred Hitchcock, when mass market paperbacks were first put on the market. "I'll certainly never read one. The only thing they're good for is door stops." Grin... And then there's the backlash at Gutenberg, when he invented the printing press. Does anyone trust new technology on sight? Rarely.

      Brenna

      Message 58 of 58 , Jul 3, 2006
        --- In ebook-community@yahoogroups.com, Brenna Lyons wrote:
        > I even did a little reading at the desktop
        > the other day, and I usually loathe that,
        > unless I'm doing my own edits and writing.
        > Brenna

        Not me. When I realized I was spending hours
        at the computer on a daily basis, I visited
        a local junkyard and picked up a like-new
        Volvo driver's seat, then mounted it on a
        cabinet pedestal for proper height.
        Those seats are made for long-haul sittings
        and adjust to suit the individual. Common
        office chairs just aren't good enough at that.

        I much prefer reading at the computer with a
        cat on my lap and my keyboard, mouse, stereo,
        and coffee within convenient reach.
        Ed Howdershelt - Abintra Press
        Science Fiction & Semi-Fiction
        http://www.AbintraPress.com