Re: [ebook-community] ebooks on CD-ROM?

  • Skippi
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1 12:42 AM
      Hello Patrick!

      > I'm looking for a turnkey solution for selling ebooks on CD-ROM. The idea
      > is... the customer purchases a CD-ROM for a ridiculously low price with a
      > big stack of ebooks on it, then unlocks each book that he wants through a
      > website. PDF would be the ideal format for what we need.

      Around 4 years ago on one prestigious meeting of the
      publishers CD-ROM was claimed as a dead medium and it
      really is (when it comes to ebooks) or soon will be (when
      it comes to music).

      When I want an ebook, I want it *now*. CD-ROM combines
      many disadvantages of a book with those ebooks have at
      present.

      --
      Skippi mailto:skip@...