32396B&N - shoots self in foot while dying

  • Chris
    Dec 9, 2012
      So, last weekend I finish going through and checking at FW to see
      if there were any final purchases I would like to make. I found a
      number of items - and I admit to proding myself a few times with
      the "now or never" thought. My cart had nearly $300 worth of
      items in it - a bit high, but "now or never", right? (Canadians
      don't get Nooks, and therefore don't get the merge option.)

      I also noted that FW had extended final purchases to midmight
      Eastern Standard Time, December 9th. This is nice. Sunday
      afternoons are less hectic than week nights.

      Today I came back, and I found that, yes, indeed, I can still
      make purchases.

      But not for everything.

      My cart now only had $50 worth of materials. The other $250 are
      now gone from the lists of purchaseable items.

      In an online world where many items go on sale for one day only,
      decimating your catalog half a day ahead of deadline just won't
      cut it. It's not like these items are running out -- they're
      ebooks, effectively produced on demand in the fraction of a
      second after I click 'buy'.

      ***k it. I'm outta here, spending nothing. Good work, guys.

      ... Chris

      : nihil tam munitum quod non expugnari pecunia possit - cicero :
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic