32370Barnes & Noble closing Fictionwise

  • auwg
    Nov 15, 2012
      Been expecting this since BN bought FW.
      This arrived an hour ago:
      -----
      November 15, 2012

      Dear Fictionwise Publisher/Author,

      As you may know, Barnes & Noble acquired Fictionwise, Inc. (Fictionwise) on
      March 3, 2009. Fictionwise runs several eBook websites, including
      Fictionwise.com, eReader.com and eBookwise.com. Over the past few years there
      has been a significant decrease in demand for many of the eBook formats that
      Fictionwise.com sells. In contrast, the new industry standard eBook format
      supported by Barnes & Noble--ePub--is growing in popularity.

      This letter is to notify you that Fictionwise will wind down its operations on
      December 4, 2012. The Fictionwise sites (including Fictionwise.com, eReader.com
      and eBookwise.com) will end sales on December 4, 2012 and U.S. Fictionwise
      customers will cease to have access to their Fictionwise Bookshelf through the
      site after December 21, 2012. Customers outside the U.S. will cease to have
      access to their Fictionwise Bookshelf through the site after January 31, 2013.
      Fictionwise customers will be notified of this and U.S. and U.K. customers will
      be given an opportunity to move their customer accounts, including their eBooks
      purchased at the Fictionwise websites, to a Barnes & Noble NOOK Library.

      Pursuant to section 2 of the agreement between Fictionwise and you, we hereby
      provide you with ninety (90) days notice that this agreement will terminate
      effective February 13th. Your final 4th quarter royalty statement and payment
      will be mailed February 15th.

      If you are not already selling your titles at BN.com and would like to do so,
      please visit www.pubit.com.

      We greatly appreciate your support of Fictionwise over the years. Together, we
      pioneered eBooks and eReading.

      Thank you,
      Daniel Jorissen and The Fictionwise Team
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic