Bool display format

  • steve@easynn.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 3, 2006
      I have had a request to change the display of bool values from
      true/false to yes/no. That is a very simple change and so it is done
      in next version 8 beta. While I was doing the change I also included
      good/bad and accept/reject.

      Are any others needed?

      http://www.easynn.com
    • steve@easynn.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 3, 2006
        On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 20:02:30 +0100, P. Dickens wrote:

        >Win / Loose
        >Black / White
        >Positive / Null (Null not Nill)
        >Sound / Silence
        >Fill / Empty

        I suppose the real solution is to open a dialog so that any pairs can
        be entered.

        http://www.easynn.com
      • lorent_ttt
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 3, 2006
          --- In easynn@yahoogroups.com, steve@... wrote:

          > On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 20:02:30 +0100, P. Dickens wrote:
          >
          > >Win / Loose
          > >Black / White
          > >Positive / Null (Null not Nill)
          > >Sound / Silence
          > >Fill / Empty
          > >

          > I suppose the real solution is to open a dialog so that any pairs
          can
          > be entered.

          Great idea !

          > --
          > Steve Wolstenholme Neural Planner Software
          >
          > EasyNN-plus. The easy way to build neural networks.
          > http://www.easynn.com

        • George Garza
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 4, 2006
            valid / invalid would also be good.

            >I have had a request to change the display of bool values
            from
            >true/false to yes/no. That is a very simple change and so it
            is done
            >in next version 8 beta. While I was doing the change I also
            included
            >good/bad and accept/reject.
            >
            >Are any others needed?
            >
            >--
            >Steve Wolstenholme Neural Planner Software
            >
            >EasyNN-plus. The easy way to build neural networks.
            >http://www.easynn.com

            George Garza,
            CCNA,CCAI,MCSE,Security+
            Department Chair of Networking
            Baker College of Muskegon
            1903 Marquette Avenue
            Muskegon, Michigan 49442
            (231) 777-5349 (phone)
            (231) 777-5265 (fax)
          • steve@easynn.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 6, 2006
              On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 15:58:29 +0100, you wrote:

              >Further to my original reply and given you are dealing with revisions, mnay
              >I suggest that you add an easy method of changing the name of the default
              >file name when starting a new network.

              Which default file name? EasyNN-plus uses the Windows "Untitled" for
              new networks. It can be changed by the Save or Save As dialogs to
              anything you want.

              >Quite often I will load a text file, which already has the name I want,
              >make all the parameter settings and calibrations, then click start only to
              >find that the NN backs up and starts with the EasyNN default name, so I
              >have to stop it, copy the name from the text file, change the default name
              >and restart again.

              There is no default. The backup is not automatic.

              >A simple method of keeping the text name and the
              >ability to make any other last name change before EasyNN creates the .bu,
              >.ed, etc. files would be ideal. Changing the .bu .ed and .vin name, as
              >they are being saved, creates all sorts of problems, because the system
              >still wants to use the default name it allocated.

              I think I may be misunderstanding your requirement. Can you give me a
              set of instructions to simulate your problem?

              http://www.easynn.com
            • james_m_mcmanus
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 26, 2006
                --- In easynn@yahoogroups.com, steve@... wrote:

                > I have had a request to change the display of bool values from
                > true/false to yes/no. That is a very simple change and so it is done
                > in next version 8 beta. While I was doing the change I also included
                > good/bad and accept/reject.
                >
                > Are any others needed?

                1 and 0 could be useful.

                I like the idea of just letting the user set arbitrary names.
              • steve@easynn.com
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 26, 2006
                  On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 13:18:03 -0000, james_m_mcmanus wrote:

                  >1 and 0 could be useful.
                  >
                  >I like the idea of just letting the user set arbitrary names.

                  That's what happens from V8.0a

                  Tools > Options > Boolean names...

                  http://www.easynn.com
                • P. Dickens
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 2, 2006
                    Win / Loose
                    Black / White
                    Positive / Null (Null not Nill)
                    Sound / Silence
                    Fill / Empty

                    P. Dickens

                    steve@... wrote:

                    > I have had a request to change the display of bool values from
                    > true/false to yes/no. That is a very simple change and so it is done
                    > in next version 8 beta. While I was doing the change I also included
                    > good/bad and accept/reject.
                    >
                    > Are any others needed?
                    >
                    > --
                    > Steve Wolstenholme Neural Planner Software
                    >
                    > EasyNN-plus. The easy way to build neural networks.
                    > http://www.easynn.com

                  • P. Dickens
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 5, 2006
                      Further to my original reply and given you are dealing with revisions, mnay
                      I suggest that you add an easy method of changing the name of the default
                      file name when starting a new network.

                      Quite often I will load a text file, which already has the name I want,
                      make all the parameter settings and calibrations, then click start only to
                      find that the NN backs up and starts with the EasyNN default name, so I
                      have to stop it, copy the name from the text file, change the default name
                      and restart again. A simple method of keeping the text name and the

                      "P. Dickens" wrote:

                      > Win / Loose
                      > Black / White
                      > Positive / Null (Null not Nill)
                      > Sound / Silence
                      > Fill / Empty
                      >
                      > P. Dickens
                      >
                      > steve@... wrote:
                      >
                      > > I have had a request to change the display of bool values from
                      > > true/false to yes/no. That is a very simple change and so it is done
                      > > in next version 8 beta. While I was doing the change I also included
                      > > good/bad and accept/reject.
                      > >
                      > > Are any others needed?
                      > >
                      > > --
                      > > Steve Wolstenholme Neural Planner Software
                      > >
                      > > EasyNN-plus. The easy way to build neural networks.
                      > > http://www.easynn.com

                      > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    • P. Dickens
                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 16, 2006
                        This is the procedure I am refering to regarding the naming of a NN file.

                        Here are the exact steps in creating a NN and the set options and questions:-

                        MENU
                        File - New
                        File - import - TXT - Open file to import - Import (Columns check chars etc.;
                        example row Names; Example row types) > OK > Set names >
                        Input / output columns > ok (repeat for each of dif. col types)

                        Note : The NN file is still untitled and displays the default name "
                        [untitled] " in the blue frame bar at the top of the window

                        Data set now formed within window. This is the point at which the name request
                        should be made.

                        Action - New network (set parameters) > network created do you want to set
                        controls > Yes

                        Note : The NN file is still untitled and displays the default name "
                        [untitled] " in the blue frame bar at the top of the window

                        Controls (set parameters) > ok > The controls have been set; Do you want
                        "Untitled" to start learning? > Yes

                        Note : The NN file is still untitled and displays the default name "
                        [untitled] " in the blue frame bar at the top of the window

                        Auto save ( set options ) >
                        Save error decrease file as Unti.ed.tvq > Save
                        Save validating increase (vi) file as Unti.vi.tvq > Save
                        Save backup (bu) file as Unti.bu.tvq > Save

                        Note : The NN file is still untitled and displays the default name "
                        [untitled] " in the blue frame bar at the top of the window

                        If when doing the Auto save ( set options ) you decide to change tha names from
                        > Unti.ed.tvq Unti.vi.tvq Unti.bu.tvq
                        to say > My file001.ed.tvq My file001.vi.tvq My file001.bu.tvq

                        This will not work, because the original name is still the default name "
                        [untitled] " and that is what it will continue to save as.

                        I would recommend that the file be given its proper name right at the begining
                        ( "This is the point at which the name request should be made" )
                        with a window that asks:

                        " what name do you want to give this NN? "

                        then one can respond " My file001 "

                        Hope this clarifies what I was saying.

                        P. Dickens

                      • steve@easynn.com
                        Message 11 of 11 , Aug 16, 2006
                          On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 16:52:06 +0100, you wrote:

                          >This is the procedure I am refering to regarding the naming of a NN file.
                          >

                          >Here are the exact steps in creating a NN and the set options and questions:-
                          >
                          >MENU
                          >File - New
                          >File - import - TXT - Open file to import - Import (Columns check chars etc.;
                          >example row Names; Example row types) > OK > Set names >
                          >Input / output columns > ok (repeat for each of dif. col types)
                          >
                          >Note : The NN file is still untitled and displays the default name "
                          >[untitled] " in the blue frame bar at the top of the window
                          >
                          >Data set now formed within window. This is the point at which the name request
                          >should be made.

                          Yes, you are correct, I should offer a method of changing the name at
                          that point. It should be quite simple unless Windows gets in the way.
                          The name 'untitled' is a Windows default and is not controlled by
                          EasyNN-plus. I think there is a facility in Windows file management to
                          change the name without having to go through the 'Save' or 'Save as'
                          process but I'm not sure how it prompts. I'll probably need to ask an
                          expert.

                          http://www.easynn.com