Import Binary File

  • steve@easynn.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2004
      I am working on Import Binary File.

      My current ideas are:

      Start by setting a fixed number bytes per column and a fixed number of
      columns per row.

      Then read bytes in blocks. Each block will have a skip count, a read
      count and a repeat count.

      Both dialog and script based methods will be provided.

      A typical script to read a 24 bit, 20 x 30 pixel bitmap with a 54 byte
      header would be :-

      ~ set binary sizes. 3 bytes per column, 20 columns per row
      sbs(3, 20)
      ~ skip header block with initial read binary file command
      rbf(c:\easynn\work\face.bmp, 54)
      ~ read binary file, skip 0 bytes, read 20 bytes, 30 repeats
      rbf(c:\easynn\work\face.bmp, 0, 20, 30)

      Your comments are welcome.

      Steve
      Build networks from numeric, text and image files.
      http://www.easynn.com