Help for mini Project

  • Shabbar Naqvi
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2004
      Dear All,
      I am student CS stuent working on a mini project in
      ANN.
      I am new to easyNN. Please help me in my project.

      The Theme of my project "medication or Surgery is
      better for a particular Heart pateienT" is as follows:

      A) Train NN about prevous cases of Heart Disese
      by giving age,name,sex, Blood pressure + diffrent
      testst regarding heart disses

      also give O/P i.e medican or surgery is better for
      patiennt

      After Training we give new cases annd system should
      decide after taking i/p i.e which is better for
      patient Surgery or medication

      Pleaase guide me about my project that How to perform
      these activites in easyNN also what tyype of features
      and function of easy NN i use for my mini Projects

      regards

    • steve@easynn.com
      Message 2 of 7 , May 1, 2004
        On Sat, 1 May 2004 06:27:50 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

        >Dear All,
        >I am student CS stuent working on a mini project in
        >ANN.
        >I am new to easyNN. Please help me in my project.

        Get a copy of EasyNN-plus. It is better than EasyNN.

        >The Theme of my project "medication or Surgery is
        >better for a particular Heart pateienT" is as follows:

        Interesting project.

        >A) Train NN about prevous cases of Heart Disese
        > by giving age,name,sex, Blood pressure + diffrent
        >testst regarding heart disses
        >
        >also give O/P i.e medican or surgery is better for
        >patiennt

        How is the decision made? Is it generally correct?

        >After Training we give new cases annd system should
        >decide after taking i/p i.e which is better for
        >patient Surgery or medication

        A neural network should work well if the training data is correct.

        >Pleaase guide me about my project that How to perform
        >these activites in easyNN also what tyype of features
        >and function of easy NN i use for my mini Projects

        It will be important to use validating. Do you have sufficient data?

        Steve
        Build networks from numeric, text and image files.
        http://www.easynn.com
      • Shabbar Naqvi
        Message 3 of 7 , May 2, 2004

          > Message: 2
          > Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 17:34:23 +0100
          > From: steve@...
          > Subject: Re: Help for mini Project
          >
          > On Sat, 1 May 2004 06:27:50 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:
          >
          > >Dear All,
          > >I am student CS stuent working on a mini project in
          > >ANN.
          > >I am new to easyNN. Please help me in my project.
          > >

          > Get a copy of EasyNN-plus. It is better than EasyNN.
          >
          > >The Theme of my project "medication or Surgery is
          > >better for a particular Heart pateienT" is as
          > follows:
          > >

          > Interesting project.
          >
          > >A) Train NN about prevous cases of Heart Disese
          > > by giving age,name,sex, Blood pressure + diffrent
          > >testst regarding heart disses
          > >
          > >also give O/P i.e medican or surgery is better for
          > >patiennt
          > >

          > How is the decision made? Is it generally correct?
          >
          > >After Training we give new cases annd system should
          > >decide after taking i/p i.e which is better for
          > >patient Surgery or medication
          > >

          > A neural network should work well if the training
          > data is correct.
          >
          > >Pleaase guide me about my project that How to
          > perform
          > >these activites in easyNN also what tyype of
          > features
          > >and function of easy NN i use for my mini Projects
          > >

          > It will be important to use validating. Do you have
          > sufficient data?
          >

          > Steve
          > --
          > EasyNN-plus. The easy way to build neural networks.
          > Build networks from numeric, text and image files.
          > http://www.easynn.com

        • Shabbar Naqvi
          Message 4 of 7 , May 2, 2004
            ear All,
            Hi,
            First of all thanx for appreciating our project idea.
            Please help in this regard that from where i can
            download easyNN Plus.
            We have a plan for our project as
            step 1:We will create a text file like this for
            training.
            Name Age ECG test Treatment
            abc 42 ok med
            xyz 25 Bad Surgery
            def 20 ok med

            Step 2:Import this file in Easy NN.
            Step 3:Grow the network

            Questions:
            1)How to give new cases to system.
            2)How to create MLP (if required?)
            3)Also suggest other feartures we may use for
            enhancement of our project.

            regards

          • Shabbar Naqvi
            Message 5 of 7 , May 2, 2004
              ear All,
              Hi,
              First of all thanx for appreciating our project idea.
              Please help in this regard that from where i can
              download easyNN Plus.
              We have a plan for our project as
              step 1:We will create a text file like this for
              training.
              Name Age ECG test Treatment
              abc 42 ok med
              xyz 25 Bad Surgery
              def 20 ok med

              Step 2:Import this file in Easy NN.
              Step 3:Grow the network

              Questions:
              1)How to give new cases to system.
              2)How to create MLP (if required?)
              3)Also suggest other feartures of easyNN we may use
              for enhancement\betterment of our project.

              regards

            • Rumen Stefanov
              Message 6 of 7 , May 3, 2004
                Hi Shabbar,

                May be you can start first with reading the following 2 articles
                about medical problems, in which I have successfully used EasyNN:

                Dimitrov BD, Ruggenenti P, Stefanov R, Perna A, Remuzzi G. Chronic Nephropathies:
                Individual Risk for Progression to End-Stage Renal Failure as Predicted by an Integrated
                Probabilistic Model. Nephron Clin Pract 2003;95:c47–c59.

                Stefanov R. Reproductive intentions of the newlywed Bulgarian families –
                artificial neural network approach. Folia Med (Plovdiv) 2002;44(4):28-34

                Regards,

                R.S.

                *************************************
                Dr. Rumen Stefanov, MD, SM
                Information Centre for Rare Diseases,
                Clinical Research Centre for Rare Diseases "Aldo e Cele Dacco",
                Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacological Research,
                Villa Camozzi, Ranica (Bergamo), 24020, Italy
                tel. work: +39-035-4535343
                tel. mobile: +39-339-2176648
                e-mail: rumen.stefanov@...
                ICQ# 52713244
                *************************************

                Message created: Monday, May 3, 2004/09:13
                Attachments: <none>

                SN> ear All,

                SN> Hi,
                SN> First of all thanx for appreciating our project idea.
                SN> Please help in this regard that from where i can
                SN> download easyNN Plus.
                SN> We have a plan for our project as
                SN> step 1:We will create a text file like this for
                SN> training.
                SN> Name      Age      ECG test      Treatment
                SN> abc      42      ok            med
                SN> xyz      25      Bad            Surgery
                SN> def      20      ok            med

                SN> Step 2:Import this file in Easy NN.
                SN> Step 3:Grow the network

                SN> Questions:
                SN> 1)How to give new cases to system.
                SN> 2)How to create MLP (if required?)
                SN> 3)Also suggest other feartures we may use for
                SN> enhancement of our project.

                SN> regards

                SN> Win a $20,000 Career Makeover at Yahoo! HotJobs
                SN> http://hotjobs.sweepstakes.yahoo.com/careermakeover

                SN> Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
                SN> var lrec_target="_top";var lrec_URL = new Array();lrec_URL[1] =
                SN> "http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=129fuohtf/M=295196.4901138.6050264.3001176/D=groups/S=1705948923:HM/EXP=1083647429/A=1874383/R=0/id=flashurl/SIG=118tuuldn/*http://companion.yahoo.com/?.cpdl=srch";var
                SN> link="javascript:LRECopenWindow(1)";var lrec_flashfile = 'http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/ya/yahoo_companion/302_v1_pdt_lrec_01.swf?clickTAG='+link+'';var lrec_altURL =
                SN> "http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=129fuohtf/M=295196.4901138.6050264.3001176/D=groups/S=1705948923:HM/EXP=1083647429/A=1874383/R=1/id=altimgurl/SIG=118tuuldn/*http://companion.yahoo.com/?.cpdl=srch";var
                SN> lrec_altimg = "http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/ya/yahoo_companion/302_v1_pdt_lrec_01.gif";var lrec_width = 300;var lrec_height = 250;

                SN> Yahoo! Groups Links
                SN> To visit your group on the web, go to:
                SN>  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                SN>  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

                Sponsor:

                Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=&d=3-5
              • steve@easynn.com
                Message 7 of 7 , May 3, 2004

                  www.easynn.com/108491/ennsetup.exe

                  >We have a plan for our project as
                  >step 1:We will create a text file like this for
                  >training.
                  >Name Age ECG test Treatment
                  >abc 42 ok med
                  >xyz 25 Bad Surgery
                  >def 20 ok med
                  >
                  >Step 2:Import this file in Easy NN.
                  >Step 3:Grow the network
                  >
                  >Questions:
                  >1)How to give new cases to system.

                  If they are the same format as the text file in step 1: you can use
                  import again.

                  >2)How to create MLP (if required?)

                  Action > New Network... will create it for you. Grow a network with
                  one hidden layer.

                  >3)Also suggest other feartures we may use for
                  >enhancement of our project.

                  Read the papers suggested by Rumen Stefanov.