1787Problem with more than one output neural network

  • P. Dickens
    Jun 20, 2013
      Hi Federic,

      Your information about what you are doing is not entirely clear;
      however given that I have understood what you are doing the imediate
      thing that strikes me is that your test data or queries do not in any
      way compare nor match your Training Facts. e.g. you have inputs of
      single digit data:- 2 2 3 2 2 yet you are queying 300, 300, 301 etc.
      Your problem and solution must in some way bear some similarity. As an
      extreme example purely to exemplify my point, you are inputing apples
      and pears yet expecting it to recognise bananas.

      P. Dickens

      From:
      "federicorosario.conticello" <federicorosario.conticello@...>

      * Save Addresses
      <http://email10.orange.co.uk/webmail/en_GB/read.html?FOLDER=UF_NN%2FENN&IDMSG=95&check=&ORIGIN=PERSONNAL_FOLDER&SORTBY=1#>

      To:
      easynn@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Jun 19 2013, 04:39 PM
      Subject:
      Problem with more than one output neural network

      Show full header
      <http://email10.orange.co.uk/webmail/en_GB/read.html?FOLDER=UF_NN%2FENN&IDMSG=95&check=&ORIGIN=PERSONNAL_FOLDER&SORTBY=1#>

      Hi, I'm using JustNN and I got a problem with my NN:

      I'm building a NN like this:

      |5 input
      |
      |hidden layer (I tried with 1 layer, 2 layers, 5 to 15 nodes...)
      |
      |1 or 3 output

      My NN should learn to recognize 2 or 3 different signals. I started with
      very simple signals and I don't have any problem if I have just 1 output
      (to recognize only 2 signals). But If I have 3 output (to recognize 3
      signals) the net doesn't learn... any suggestions?

      ps I put in the data set about 200 training string per Type. Signals are
      like this
      Sign 1: 1 1 2 1 1
      2 2 3 2 2
      3 3 4 3 3