Tarot

  • eksoothsayer
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 1, 2005
      I know that Tarot was not used for divination in the period we study.

      However ---

      Tarot is the first (and sometimes the only) medhod many people come
      in contact with. I believe that by welcoming folks with interest in
      any form of divination, even those out-of-period, we can interest
      them in other, more period forms.

      Methods such as rune-casting and astrology date back to period and
      before. (There is a list of varios methods on our website at:
      http://www.soothsayersguild.org/Foundations/GeneralInfo.shtml.)

      We all need to start somewhere when we learn something new, and for
      many of us, that starting point is Tarot.

      Elena

      P.S. If anyone wants to turn any of these posts into an article for
      the website, please let me know!!