Introduction

  • Ariane de Meursault
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 16, 2002
      Greetings!

      I discovered the Guild's existence with the Pikestaff
      announcement on the EK mailing list (skipped the Nov. Pikestaff).
      Got to the Guild's website (and bookmarked it!) and from there,
      to this Yahoo Group.

      I've been doing some Tarot de Marseille, until someone stole my
      cards... I'll get new ones soon, though I thought about crafting
      them :o) I tried palm reading but I have not much experience nor
      knowledge about it, I just "did it" and the result wasn't bad.
      I've done some personality reading from photographies of unknown
      children (for some reason, it works better with children).

      I found someone here who is very good, but he explained to me why
      he chose to let go of this path and I respect and understand his
      decision. So I went on keeping my eye open for guidance and
      advice in exploring soothsaying arts. I found the Guild's
      charter and the ranking system, and it might just be the right
      place for me to explore and discover what I can do. I would like
      to know more about the Guild, the period ways, and eventually
      become an apprentice.

      I'm from province of Quebec (Canada), Barony of Havre des Glaces.
      Since my first language is French, I might ask the meaning of a
      word from time to time, I hope you'll bear me asking :o)

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      May the Good Fortune be with you

      Lady Ariane de Meursault

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      ANIMUS ET FIDELITAS NON DESERERENT
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    • Shraga/Eric Friedman
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 14, 2004
        Hello;

        I'm happy to find this group. I've built a whole persona around
        period mysticism & divination, but I haven't been active in SCA for a
        very, very long time. I spent many years abroad, and encountered MSR
        on Long Island when I returned, and built the persona in Acre. I've
        even taught classes on "Medieval Science" for them, encompassing the
        geocentric, astrological world-view of the 4 Elements, 7 Planetary
        influences, etc., which is essential to an understanding of Medieval
        symbolism.

        As it turns out, I just renewed my membership with MSR after a lapse
        of several years, and I'm now looking to rejoin the Eastern Kingdom
        after 22 years. Since my persona is inextricably intertwined with the
        activities of this group, I had to join.

        Fortuitously, I live in Hicksville, just a few blocks from the
        October 16th event. I hope to participate in tonight's chat, as well
        as the "Tea Party" (tea party in a Masonic Temple; are we starting a
        revolution?).

        Caleb Abu Doub