Pre-period "chiromancy'

  • Jeanne D'Brant
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2004
      A point of interest:
      I just came across a reference in Celtic Myths and Legends, (a quite decent
      exploration of said matters) to palm prints on standing stones. It seems
      that some researchers have advanced the idea that many of the spiral
      markings on standing stones found in Ireland and Scotland are depictions of
      the concentric lines found at the roots and tips of the fingers!! The
      lines of the megalithic sculptures seems to be an exact cast of human hand
      lines. The suggested theory is a statement re: the hand as a magical emblem
      of power.
      Interesting!
      Sulis