Re: [EK Sooth Guild] Re: This year's Ecumenicon theme

  • Demon Walker
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 8, 2013
      People trap themselves by their choices or their inability to decide.

      Send More Brainnnnsssss !!!!!!
      On Feb 8, 2013 2:11 AM, "dicconf" <dicconf@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > - In eastkingdomsoothsayersguild@yahoogroups.com, ladyarli@... wrote:
      > > what is a "monkey trap"? I've never heard that term before.
      >
      > Put something solid - hard fruit, nuts, etc - inside a firmly fastened
      > down container with a narrow opening. The Monkey reaches in, grabs a
      > handful, and can't get its fist back out; it's trapped. If the Monkey let
      > go and took only one item, maybe holding it with the fingertips, it could
      > get its hand out and even get one piece of food at a time.
      >
      > In the past it has been used with respect to Halloween candy, when people
      > had more time to wait for the kid to catch on.
      >
      > =Tamar

    • dicconf
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 11, 2013
        - In eastkingdomsoothsayersguild@yahoogroups.com, Demon Walker wrote:

        > People trap themselves by their choices or their inability to decide.
        >
        > Send More Brainnnnsssss !!!!!!

        Sometimes refusing to make the decision is the real decision, as it prevents change without the (perceived) responsibility of taking action.

        Speaking of which, I'm pretty sure I won't be teaching at Ecumenicon this year, but the discussion has been helpful anyway. Thanks!

        =Tamar