Guildmeeting at GNEW

  • Virginia Richards-Taylor
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 13, 2011
      Sunday at the Great Northeastern War we had a meeting.
      I'm trying to remember who else was there- I know Tamair was there because I pestered her about a contribution for the Complete Anachronist, and I'm picturing faces, but not remembering names for others... I think there were about eight of us there? Anyone remember better?

      We had a good handful of new members- I told them to look us up on line, and hope that we'll hear from them soon. I managed to get sunburned and sun-stupid during breakdown and have just remembered to report the meeting. oops. No minutes either.
      Because of the new members I spent a good deal of time explaining how the guild worked. That they can be members by wanting in, but should join the web-group to help contact our established members to learn more.
      I'm kind of wondering if we should all go over to the website and update our information so we have a better list of who's where (I'm sure that changes year to year) and what we do.

      http://www.soothsayersguild.org/Foundations/UpdatePoll.shtml

      I also promoted the projects the Complete Anachronist and possibly the Soothsayers Picnic (it could happen if we want it to).
      One of the new members has an Inca or Aztec or Mayan persona (sorry, can't remember which) and had some fascinating tales of their traditions- in SCA period to my surprise! Cool.
      Next time even if we don't have anyone taking notes, we'll see about passing around a paper so we can get contact information.
      Arastorm
    • Lois Fitzpatrick
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 14, 2011
        Thanks very much for doing this, Arastorm! I regret that I am not able to
        get to more events, and appreciate those of you who do!

        Elena

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 14, 2011
          Mairead Scherbatskaja, a first-timer named Tristan, a lady whose name I
          didn't catch at all, the Mayan lady, and a young red-haired woman who I
          think is one of Cecelia's daughters (but I could well be wrong) were the
          people in attendance besides Arastorm and myself. It never occurred to me
          to take notes, I'm sorry.

          Temair