Re: [EK Sooth Guild] Pennsylvania State Law

  • Catherine Kane
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 1, 2008
      Hi June

      Welcome aboard

      I'd be interested in the info you're offering, being a palmreader myself.The laws covering this sort of thing vary widely from state to state + it's good to get the straight info. My husband, Starwolf, is gradually researching varying laws in the states in order to know what the rules are

      What kind of readings do you do? What interests you in this area?

      Nice to meet another new soothsayer

      Sincerely

      Lady Catherine du Fay
      renegade palmist
      Foresight

      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 1, 2008
        Greetings unto Lady Catherine du Fay
        renegade palmist
        Foresight

        Thank you for welcoming me to the Group.

        You asked What interests me in this area?

        I have a friend who is a stained glass art. She makes the most wonderful
        scrying mirrors.
        I have always been fascinated by them. And now I am studying scrying at
        present.

        My father was a natural dowser. He could walk anywhere and tell you where
        water was and which
        way it headed. He located my well. While many of my neighbors have had to
        re drill over the past drought years.

        I have found that my family has an affinity for communicating with loved
        ones past on. I hold regular conversations with my father(he passed some 10
        years ago). There is also a profound lack of fear of the
        other side. it's just part of the journey.

        I recently handled a deck of Tarot, something I had never done. I knew
        these were not to be trifled with. I also recently purchased my own set of
        runes. Before handling the stones I plan to read as much as possible. I believe
        theses are tools which hold much knowledge and must be treated with respect.

        You Asked What kind of readings do I do?

        I have never done a reading of any kind.
        I am still very new at this and learning

        It is nice to meet another studying the arts

        With Visions of the Future

        Lady Mairghreicc
        aka "June"

        deal here.

      • Catherine Kane
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 2, 2008
          Unto Lady Mairghreicc
          Greetings back atya

          It's good to have another new face here.You can learn a lot from these folks. We'll probably learn a lot from you too

          I'm a long term palmist. I also read I Ching + do intutitive + pendulum readings. I'm an amateur at Tarot ,have done some scrying, + am learning runes + mediumship

          Guess I'm also an overachiever.But that's common in the SCA

          I'm currently running a free online class in palm for guild members. You're welcome if you're interested ( you didn't mention that as something you're looking at, but I wanted to give you the oppurtunity if you might find it of interest)

          You mentioned Pennsylvania-don't know if that's your neck of the woods or not. Have you considered attending Lakewood Rennasance faire? The Guildmistress + some of us will be running the guild booth there + it might be a good place for you to get some face to face contact there if you wanted

          Anyway
          Welcome again

          Lady Catherine "running on + on" du Fay
[...]

          ************ **It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your travel
          deal here.
          (http://information. travel.aol. com/deals? ncid=aoltrv00050 000000047)

        • Ladymeitheamh@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 2, 2008
            Greetings Lady Catherine

            The issue of over achiever is as you say - alive and well in the SCA.

            I did not need my crystal ball to figure that one out.

            I have only been a member of the SCA since September 2005, took 2006 of
            because
            my husband decided to take ill and move into the SPA (ICU of Hershey Medical
            Center)
            for 7 months! (I had Doctors there saying to ask the wife and if her crystal
            ball wasn't
            working - why would theres?) Then I was voted to the position of Deputy
            Seneschal in mid
            2007 - and on 1 April 2008 was given the vote of confidence of Seneschal.

            I have a few tools of the trade - crystal ball, scrying mirror, tarot cards
            and runes.
            And I am new to all of these.

            I would be intersted in learning more about palm.

            I have oft be told I am a natural witch, and that these things are just
            tools I tune into.

            I reside in the Shire of Silver Rylle (Lancaster County/Lebanon County/&
            Hershey).
            I know that we will be involved here as a Shire at the Pa Ren Faire in
            Manheim Pa
            (it's actually in our Shire - _www.parenfaire.com_
            (http://www.parenfaire.com) ) on 13 September.

            I will keep your information close by and depending on how much I get
            accomplished here
            I may make the trip there.

            My husband actually was fairly and active and enjoyed Pennsic this year.
            But upon returning - it's been the round of medkcal appointments. He has
            developed
            Hemochromatosis - which means I need to start using the leeches!

            Anyway - I am looking forward to learning and sharing

            And thank you for the wonderful welcome!

            Mairghreicc
            "we pronounce it June"

            deal here.

          • Catherine Kane
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 3, 2008
              Unto Lady Mairghreicc does Lady Catherine du Fay once more send greetings( + salutations,yet!)

              I'm sorry to hear of your husband's illness. Does he need Reiki or other good energies?
              I ask because there are a number of goodly souls, my own included, who would send such w/ his permission.( without would be unethical...)

              As for your interest in palmistry,
              Is that a kind of vague general interest or would you like to be added to my class?
              I ask because this class is a self-paced,long-term one + the 28th lesson just came out.If you do want to be part of this, I'm glad to forward you the back lessons, + add you to the list + you can learn at whatever rate is good for you( a number of the students are back-filing the classes for when they get more time); but it'd be a lot of material in your in-box if you were only being polite...

              Either way is good by me-just let me know

              Sincerely
              Catherine du Fay

              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 3, 2008
                Dau duit a Lady Catherine du Fay,

                Thank you for your warm welcome.

                My husband became ill in the late fall of 2005, but we were never advised
                that they considered his condition could worsen. He had fevers, abdominal pain
                and nausea. 3 Emergency Room visits and a 10 day hospital stay didn't
                improve things.

                Following a diagnostic test Jan 4th he became critical. He was diagnosed
                with Acute Mercerizing Pancreatitis, multi-system sepsis, acute respiratory
                failure, falling blood pressure and tachacardia. He was made medically comatose
                for 2 months and when he awoke his liver was so severely impacted he was
                bright orange and had no concept what planet he was on. He fought several mega
                blood borne infection, had massive infections, severe fevers in excess of 104
                degrees, bleeding problems requiring a total of 38 units of packed red blood
                cells and 8 units of fresh frozen plasma, developed femoral thrombosis and
                pneumonia -

                Pedro is grateful for any and all healing energies sent his way - thank you!

                Any way - we are currently trying to come up with a treatment plan for
                hemochromatosis - too much red blood, way toooo much iron Oh the joy!

                I mention my mother is a healer -(BSRN Supervisor) I seem to have her knack
                :-)

                about Palmistry. And not just being polite. I am ferrous reader

                Do be well - Slan Go Foil

                Mairghreicc

                deal here.

              • Catherine Kane
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 3, 2008
                  Back atya again

                  Since you ask so nicely,I'll be sending Pedro some Reiki this evening.I'll also put him in my Reiki crystal grid which'll pump out a steady steam of Reiki to him in regards to his health.

                  I'll  also put you on the palmistry class list + start sending you classes.Prepare for a large initial shipment,as I'll be bringing you up to date.

                  A ferrous reader? I'm figuring some typo here,but I can't work it out so please cue me in. I'm a voracious reader myself(I've been clocked at 13 words/second)

                  Hope + healing to you + yours
                  Lady Catherine du Fay

                  Hope this a help

                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 3, 2008
                    Ladymeitheamh@... wrote:
                    <snip medical horrors>

                    > Pedro is grateful for any and all healing
                    > energies sent his way - thank you!
                    >
                    > Any way - we are currently trying to
                    > come up with a treatment plan for
                    > hemochromatosis - too much red blood,
                    > way toooo much iron

                    I seem to recall having read about people whose bodies tend to collect
                    iron (genetic problem but took years to identify). Some of them deal
                    with it by the medieval remedy of regular bleeding. (One man used to
                    do it at home and put the blood on his rose garden.) Some people used
                    (medically certified clean, laboratory-raised) leeches to control the
                    amount of blood removed.

                    =Tamar
                  • Ladymeitheamh@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 3, 2008
                      Greetings Tamar,

                      We are currently awaiting the results of the DNA test - and the upteen Docs
                      to agree

                      But you are right - depending on the cause and the levels - it is finding a
                      nice neighborly vampire (or leeches) for regular blood letting. (The blood
                      cannot be used - and is routinely discarded)

                      Hadn't heard of using it on roses - but it's worth a try.

                      Could be used along with runes for "telling"

                      Mairghreicc

                      deal here.