Back online

  • Judy Anderson
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 1, 2003
      Just a note to let everyone know that I am back up and running with a new
      ethernet card, so classes can resume next week. For anyone who wants to
      join us, we still haven't gotten past lesson 1, so there is plenty of time
      to join. Just let me know ahead of time so I can catch you up quickly.

      Temair
    • Jeanne D'Brant
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 29, 2003
        Temair,
        The source on the original meanings of Mars was either Rob Hand's Project
        Hindsight or Robert Zoller's medieval astrology website. Regarding its
        position in Pisces, water and fire don't mix well, hence many authors
        consider the function of Mars to be very weakened in Pisces. As you said, it
        went direct 9/29, but I think the effects of its station and retrograde are
        not over until it clears the degree that it stationed in. In this case it
        was 10.08 degrees of Pisces, which it clears 11/8. I also consider the
        transiting contacts a planet makes as it comes out of retrograde--Mars was
        still conjunct Uranus (the earthquakes, mega storms), then had to oppose
        Jupiter (the suicide bombings, solar flares, and California fires) and
        finally square Pluto (the nastiest of all, roughly Nov 15 'til the end of
        the month) before it leaves this sign. I find that Mars works from 5 or
        even 6 degrees out of an applying aspect.

        Do you work with mundane forecasting? I use the U.S. Sag rising chart, and
        a class on the aspects that are coming up might be very interesting as
        Saturn will conjunct the U.S. Sun and George Bush's Sun(both the same
        degree of Cancer) in the spring. Then again, some folks may not want to do
        this because it is not medieval study. Are you doing classes on Monday
        nights? I have been out of touch for quite awhile but I tune in upon
        occasion (Hi Elena).

        Sulis

        >From: "Judy" <kblackclaw2@...>
        >To: eastkingdomsoothsayersguild@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [East Kingdom Soothsayers' Guild] Planetary effects
        >Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 12:51:15 -0000
        >
        >Actually, Mars is not in detriment in Pisces. It is in fact minorly
        >dignified there, being ruler of the watery triplicity. The watery
        >nature of Pisces helps alleviate some of the fireyness of Mars. Mars
        >is in detriment in Libra, and Taurus. Mercury is in detriment in
        >Pisces. Mercury went direct on Sunday 9/21, so any problems
        >indicated by his being retrograde should have started being corrected
        >then. Likewise, anything indicated by Mars being retrograde should
        >start being corrected after yesterday (9/28) when he left station and
        >turned direct. I'm not sure why you say that Mars didn't used to be
        >considered the ruler of war. How far back are you going? All the
        >texts I have read have indicated that he was. I would love to read
        >something new about it.

        Want to check if your PC is virus-infected? Get a FREE computer virus scan
        online from McAfee.
      • Judy Anderson
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 29, 2003
          Hi, Sulis,

          Thank you for your explanation. I am familiar with both sites, although I
          don't think I've read either one completely. I agree that the problems from
          Mars retro won't be completely fixed until after it passes 10.08 Pisces, I
          was trying to say that things would start getting fixed when he turned
          direct. I only use traditional planets, so I don't look at Uranus, Neptune,
          or Pluto, or any of the asteroids, etc. William Lilly says that the orb for
          Mars is 7 degrees, half of which is added to half the orb of other planet
          involved in an aspect to create the orb for the aspect. So yes, I would
          fully expect 5 or 6 or more degrees to show effects.

          I do not do political forecasting. I personally find politics is not for
          me. I did successfully predict the World Series, though, so forecasting
          modern events is not an issue. I just use traditional planets and
          techniques. I consider the technique, rather than the issue to be medieval.
          After all, Lilly did forecasting for issues of his day that concerned him,
          why would our doing so be considered not medieval?

          I am still doing classes on Monday nights. We have so far studied the basic
          meanings of the planets, the order of the zodiac, and the dignities of the
          planets using Ptolemy's table of dignities as found in Christian Astrology
          by William Lilly. Please feel free to drop in some time.

          Temair
        • Tchipakkan
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 4 4:42 PM
            Any other palmists out there?
            I just tripped over a book on Runic Palmistry, and am looking through
            it- pretty interesting. Anyone else seen it? Love to have someone to
            talk about it with. (sorry for the dangling participle)
            (of course, there's the book _Pawmistry_ that I got from Auntie Arwen
            at the war- very silly and fun- read your cat's paw. Hmm, just got a
            new kitten. Maybe I should try it...)
            Arastorm