Re: rune casting question

  • Virginia Taylor
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 1, 2007
      All the same, I'm hoping that by Yule I'll have some period rune reading
      books and a new set. i know bone makes more sense for my persona in the
      SCA, but i'm still drawn towards the amethyst ones...must be the Sag
      in me.
      ;)

      --
      Aisin-gioro Biya

      I have over 40 books on runes- and I don't think any of them
      (except the purely scholarly ones which do NOT go into how to use
      them) cover period rune reading. While I use it (because it works),
      and try to use methods and materials closest to what we know about
      period sortilage with runes, I am not convinced that what we think of
      as runic divination was done in period.
      Tchipakkan

    • Jeanne Wardwell
      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 1, 2007
        On 31 May 2007, at 13:12, dicconf wrote:

        > I was going to eliminate the "extra" cards from the Fan Art Tarot but
        > they both showed up in the first reading I did with that deck and they
        > were both totally accurate. So I kept them in.

        The same thing happened to me with the two extra cards (a title
        card and a "To All Believers" card) in the Mary Hanson-Roberts
        deck.

        Morwenna

        PS. Please ignore the previous post; I goofed at editing and then
        goofed again and forwarded instead of canceling; I forgot how to
        delete a message from the queue.

        M.

      • Jeanne Wardwell
          On 31 May 2007, at 13:12, dicconf wrote:

          > I was going to eliminate the "extra" cards from the Fan Art Tarot but
          > they both showed up in the first reading I did with that deck and they
          > were both totally accurate. So I kept them in.

        • Lois Fitzpatrick
          Message 4 of 21 , Jun 1, 2007
            Nothing to forgive!

            Elena
            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 21 , Jun 10, 2007
              On Wed, 30 May 2007, Jane Sibley wrote:

              > I go into this in some detail in my forthcoming book "The Divine
              > Thunderbolt: Missile of the Gods" which I hope will be out by Pennsic.

              What's the publisher?

              =Tamar
            • Jane Sibley
              Message 6 of 21 , Jun 10, 2007
                HI, Tamar!
                Xlibris, the same folks that did Uncle Einar. You should *see* the beautiful cover art that Tchipakkan did for it!
                arwen