Re:Ed's gastric bypass

  • Virginia Taylor
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 1, 2007
      RunValdr coming right up!
      Do let us know how well he's doing after so we can all be smug.
      Tchipakkan
    • Jane Sibley
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 1, 2007
        HI, all!
        Been talking to him every day; he sounds really good. He's a bit sore where they had to cut through some muscle, but he can get out of bed to pee. They have him on pretty much a liquid diet right now. The surgery was laparascopic, which means that they didn't have to open him up like one of those kiddie cereal boxes >giggle<
        arwen

        Virginia Taylor <tchipakkan@...> wrote:
        RunValdr coming right up!
        Do let us know how well he's doing after so we can all be smug.
        Tchipakkan

      • Jeanne Wardwell
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 2, 2007
          On 1 Apr 2007, at 23:58, Jane Sibley wrote:

          > HI, all!
          > Been talking to him every day; he sounds really good. He's a bit
          > sore where they had to cut through some muscle, but he can get out
          > of bed to pee. They have him on pretty much a liquid diet right now.
          > The surgery was laparascopic, which means that they didn't have to
          > open him up like one of those kiddie cereal boxes >giggle< arwen

          No, they just slitted him in several places as if they were garlicking
          a roast. :D He looks like a pincushion! And he was allergic to the
          tape; you should see his left arm. And all the little slits, where the
          tape was over them there are little rectangular rash spots...

          Fever's gone and so are most of the wires. Maybe tomorrow they'll
          release him, and he's planning (on his regular doctor's request) to
          go into the Yale Health Plan infirmary for a few days so he can
          finish recuperating there (cleaner, and regular attention! I gotta
          work!)

          He's been walking up & down the corridors now that he's no longer
          tethered (without his walking stick!!), and he's drinking water and
          Ensure. He's lost 12 pounds already.

          Morwenna
        • Aisin Biya
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 3, 2007
            WONDERFUL NEWS!!

            --
            Aisin-gioro Biya

          • Lois Fitzpatrick
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 3, 2007
              I'm glad to hear he's getting better. I sympathize about the adhesive tape.
              I have a similar problem!

              Elena

              _____

              On 1 Apr 2007, at 23:58, Jane Sibley wrote:

              > HI, all!
              > Been talking to him every day; he sounds really good. He's a bit
              > sore where they had to cut through some muscle, but he can get out
              > of bed to pee. They have him on pretty much a liquid diet right now.
              > The surgery was laparascopic, which means that they didn't have to
              > open him up like one of those kiddie cereal boxes >giggle< arwen

              No, they just slitted him in several places as if they were garlicking
              a roast. :D He looks like a pincushion! And he was allergic to the
              tape; you should see his left arm. And all the little slits, where the
              tape was over them there are little rectangular rash spots...

              Fever's gone and so are most of the wires. Maybe tomorrow they'll
              release him, and he's planning (on his regular doctor's request) to
              go into the Yale Health Plan infirmary for a few days so he can
              finish recuperating there (cleaner, and regular attention! I gotta
              work!)

              He's been walking up & down the corridors now that he's no longer
              tethered (without his walking stick!!), and he's drinking water and
              Ensure. He's lost 12 pounds already.

              Morwenna

            • dicconf
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 3, 2007
                On Tue, 3 Apr 2007, Lois Fitzpatrick wrote:
                > Jeanne Wardwell
                <snip>
                >> No, they just slitted him in several places as if they were garlicking
                >> a roast. :D He looks like a pincushion! And he was allergic to the
                >> tape; you should see his left arm. And all the little slits, where
                >> the tape was over them there are little rectangular rash spots...
                <snip>
                > I'm glad to hear he's getting better. I sympathize about the adhesive
                > tape. I have a similar problem!

                At least one person I know is allergic to lanolin and has that problem
                with just about any J&J product; do J&J put lanolin in the _glue_?

                =Tamar