Chat room

  • eksoothsayer
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2006
      There have been some changes made to the chat software by the vendor.

      As a result, the URL for the chat room has changed. I will be posting
      the new RUL here once I get it set up.

      Also, the new software *requires* the latest version of Java, avalaible
      from http://www.java.com For those using Macs, OS X is required.

      I think I may start looking for another chat software, again! :)

      Elena
    • Samuel Wise
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 2006
        I still have my contacts at www.psionics.net as a possible replacement for
        the chat room. We could even have our own permanent IRC channel. Just let
        me know if you'd like to give it a test drive.
        Samuel

      • Lois Fitzpatrick
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 4, 2006
          Thank you, Samuel. I will definitely keep it in mind. I want to see if
          people have problems accessing the new room, before we make any changes.

          Elena

          _____

          the chat room. We could even have our own permanent IRC channel. Just let
          me know if you'd like to give it a test drive.
          Samuel

        • Kirsten Houseknecht
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 6, 2006
            just remember, some of us have lousy computers and no luck with "chat" rooms
            of any kind.... frankly they confuse me.
            so it isnt that i am not interested, but i have never succesfully managed to
            log in, stay logged in, and type fast enough to keep up!
            Kirsten Houseknecht
            Fabric Dragon
            kirsten@...
            www.fabricdragon.com
            http://fabricdragon.livejournal.com/

            Philadelphia, PA USA
            Spinning, weaving,Trims, Amber, Jet, Jewelry, and more...

            Teach someone today
            > Thank you, Samuel. I will definitely keep it in mind. I want to see if
            > people have problems accessing the new room, before we make any changes.
            >
            > Elena
            >
            > _____

          • Lois Fitzpatrick
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 6, 2006
              I can understand how you feel. One of the advantages to the chat room we
              have been using (in my opinion) has been it's ease of use. There is no
              complicated log in procedure, and the typing is done in plain text, not
              strange, unfamiliar (dare I say...arcane) codes.

              I will make sure everything is working for tomorrow night, and will post the
              direct link to the chat room here.

              Elena

              _____

              kirsten@fabricdrago <mailto:kirsten%40fabricdragon.com> n.com
              www.fabricdragon.com
              http://fabricdragon <http://fabricdragon.livejournal.com/> .livejournal.com/

              Philadelphia, PA USA
              Spinning, weaving,Trims, Amber, Jet, Jewelry, and more...

              Teach someone today
              > Thank you, Samuel. I will definitely keep it in mind. I want to see if
              > people have problems accessing the new room, before we make any changes.
              >
              > Elena
              >
              > _____
              >
              > From: eastkingdomsoothsay
              <mailto:eastkingdomsoothsayersguild%40yahoogroups.com>
              ersguild@yahoogroups.com
              > [mailto:eastkingdomsoothsay
              <mailto:eastkingdomsoothsayersguild%40yahoogroups.com>
              ersguild@yahoogroups.com
              > Subject: RE: [EK Sooth Guild] Chat room
              >

              > I still have my contacts at www.psionics.net as a possible replacement for
              > the chat room. We could even have our own permanent IRC channel. Just let
              > me know if you'd like to give it a test drive.
              > Samuel

              com. For those using Macs,
              OS