East Kingdom Soothsayers' Guild

  • eksoothsayer
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 18, 2001
      Welcome to the Yahoo! Message Board for East Kingdom Soothsayers' Guild
    • eksoothsayer
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 18, 2001
        On behalf of Guildmistress Baroness Mistress
        Arwen, welcome!<br><br>We intend this forum to be a
        place where you can find information on Medieval
        divination methods, how to perform them, and perhaps the
        history and evolution of different techniques as
        well.<br><br>We invite free and open discussion. However, attacks
        on others, for any reason, will not be tolerated. We
        each have an opinion, and we respect the right of
        others to hold differing opinions. **(end of
        rant)**<br><br>We will make every effort to respond to posts
        quickly, and with accurate information.<br><br>Lady Elena
        Norreys<br>Web Minister<br>East Kingdom Soothsayers' Guild
      • Cspellbook2
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 25, 2001
          Pls. use the Invite Option in the Member Tools
          Area. The More the Merrier!<br><br>BTW, I'm an ethical
          reader who's been using the cards for 4 years running, I
          belong to numerous Active divination groups and clubs
          and I recently finished a Tarot course instructed by
          Joann Bunning, Tarot practitioner of 20 years
          experience and Author of Tarot for Beginners.<br><br>To
          avail of a free reading simply sign up
          check if u joined) along with ur birthdate(m/d/yr) and
          question. Your reading will arrive after a few days. A
          Blessed Day to All! :D
        • eksoothsayer
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 26, 2001
            Welcome, Cspellbook!<br><br>I welcome to you the
            club. I look forward to chatting with you at some
            point, and exchanging views and info on
            divination.<br><br>Will you explain what you mean by "an ethical reader"?
            Also, do you have a favorite deck that you use? What
            about a favorite spead for reading?<br><br>And please
            let others know that we are here, as well.
          • Cspellbook2
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 5, 2001
              Ethical readers maintain that the future is not
              fated and that it can be changed depending on the
              querent's actions. We do not say that this or that will
              happen, we focus more on the influences surrounding the
              querent's situation so that he/she may be guided to do the
              right decision/action.<br><br>I use the hanson Roberts
              deck and I dont have a particular favorite spread, it
              depends on what the querent is asking. Hope that this
              club jumpstarts soon. :)
            • eksoothsayer
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 10, 2001
                I am sorry I have not been able to check the
                board for a few days. <br><br>I would like to know what
                you are looking for from this page. Are you currently
                active as a soothsayer, or do you want to become
                active?<br><br>We are trying to move the East Kingdom Soothsayers'
                Guild into the digital age (yes, I know that seems like
                a contradiction), but we need some input from the
              • goldiecatmail
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 8, 2001
                  Hi! Kind of stumbled across this club when
                  looking for info on medieval soothsaying, and am thinking
                  about joining the SCA, have an interest in the Cards.
                  Can you provide any info/references on how they were
                  used in the Middle Ages? Thanks!<br><br>-Goldie
                • BaronAlfgar
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 14, 2001
                    Greeting.... I did not realize the guild was still active.... so what have I missed?