African Americans on Eastern Shore

  • carole baker
    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2012
      Melanie,

      I have heard family stories that there were chain gangs of African Americans on
      the Eastern Shore prior to the Civil War. Which counties used them, I don't
      know. Whether they were prisoners or slaves, I don't know. You know how family
      stories go. :-)
      Carole Baker

      "I wish that I knew what I know now, when I was younger...when I was stronger."
      Ooh La La. Ronnie Wood and Ronnie Lane