Hemsley, Hambleton, Denton, Feddeman & Tilghman

  • mszeke43
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2009
      I am new to the group and researching my grandmother's family. I would like any information on the following:

      1860 Talbot County/Trappe Census:

      Philemon F (?Feddeman) Hemsley, age 43
      Mary, age 34 (may be Mary Elizabeth Hambleton prior to marriage in 1850)
      Mary, age 9
      Ann, age 6
      Cornelia, age 4
      Philemon, age 9 months
      William H (?Hemsley) Tilghman, age 76 (uncle on deceased wife, Maria Lloyd Hemsley's side of the family)

      Philemon died >1860

      Mary died 1866 and names in her will: daughter, Mary; son, William (?); brother, William Hambleton (b1826); sister, Cornelia Hambleton (b1832).

      Witnesses were:
      Daniel M. Feddeman
      Mary Hambleton (? her mother)
      Col. Samuel Hambleton
      Wm. H. Tilghman (son of Peregrine Tilghman & Deborah Lloyd)
      Richard Lloyd Tilghman
      Charles H. Tilghman
      Emma Feddeman
      Corrie F. (Hemsley) Dawson

      I am also trying to locate any information on the daughter, Mary, who may have married John (W.) Denton born Calvert County, MD.

      Please help!