Re: Allain

  • lelemimi
    Message 1 of 135 , Jan 11, 2000
      Hi! I just joined the club today after seeing
      your messages. I'm thrilled to finally find someone
      else to compare notes with. I'm working on the
      Allains, and since 95% of them are named Louis, Michel, or
      Pierre, it can be confusing. My Allains stayed in Canada,
      in the Neguac area. I've gathered a lot of info on
      the early Allains, but I haven't totally connected
      all of it yet to my own line. I'm working both ends
      against the middle. My grandmother (who is 96) was a
      child when her grandfather, Michel Allain died (@1911).
      She remembers her uncle Pierre Allain. I'm waiting to
      hear from my grandmother's cousin, who might have a
      little more information. I'd love to compare notes with
      you, and exchange sources. P.S. I promised my
      grandmother that I would take her to the next Allain reunion,
      in the summer of 2001. She was invited to the last
      one (which was the first one). She would have been
      the oldest one there. She's still in pretty good
      shape, and very sharp..I told that that I'd rent an RV,
      and we'd go in style. She loves the idea!
    • lady_gk53
      Message 135 of 135 , Oct 16, 2003
        Hi, Did you get any information on your husbands family in Leading
        Tickles? Get back to me and I'll see what I can do to help you. I
        know the Rowsell family from Leading Tickles and Glover's Harbour.

        Lady_gk