Liftoff!

  • Edward Cherlin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2008
      After long delays, Earth Treasury is now ready to begin serious action
      on behalf of the poor of the world. I am inviting a number of new
      members, and will have a number of projects to announce soon. We will
      continue with

      * Linking schools around the world

      * Teaching students sustainable international business, including
      traditional products, IT, and much more

      and we are talking with prospective partners about

      * Distributing One Laptop Per Child XO laptops through the Give Many program

      * Working on Open Hardware projects, including village Internet,
      phones, and more

      * Microfinance

      * Education research and reform focused on the collaborative discovery
      (http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Collaborative_discovery) model of the OLPC
      project

      * E-commerce for the no-longer-quite-so-poor

      * The economics of genuine Free Trade (Not just free for corporations
      and restricted for citizens) when everybody has access to the market

      Suggestions welcome.

      --
      Edward Cherlin
      http://www.EarthTreasury.org/