Musician David Rovics coming to California

  • Hayduke Rocks!
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 1999
      From: DRovics@...
      Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 16:21:46 EDT
      Subject: February in California
      To: DRovics@...

      Hi folks,

      Writing from the beautiful city of Hamburg, Germany, where I'm spending most
      of September (and lots more time in the future) trying to organize the
      upcoming several months... In particular, February, during which I'll be
      doing a tour of the west and southwest, and probably a few other states west
      of the Mississippi that might or might not fit into those geographical
      categories.

      So rather than take up space rambling on about my recent adventures around
      eastern Europe and the northeastern US, I will hope to see some of you in
      person in February, when we can swap stories in person.

      But just to make sure I'm communicating effectively, the point of this email
      is that whether or not I see you in person in February may depend on this
      central question: Do you have any ideas for where I might play in February?
      I'm particularly hoping to line up some campus gigs, but I'm interested in
      folk clubs, protests, or anything else that seems interesting (especially if
      they have a budget to help feed me and keep my truck running and such).

      Please feel free to contact me with ideas, or just to say hi...

      All the best,
      David Rovics

      e-mail: DRovics@...
      http://www.davidrovics.com (or http://members.aol.com/drovics/home.htm)
      (617) 747-4460
      P.O. Box 995
      Jamaica Plain, MA 02130

      ####################################

      Andy Caffrey, founder
      Hayduke Rocks! an Earth First! Media and Action Network
      [previously aka EF! Media Center]

      We're trying to remove the obstacles to your involvement and bring more
      people together to do more powerful things. Why not print out this e-mail
      and share it with your friends and cohorts who don't use computers? Please
      spread the word, send money, do what you can to keep this activist support
      project happening... And Keep Rockin'!

      $100 from 60 people will float this project for a year:
      http://www.efmedia.org/60.html

      PLEASE NOTE theses changes:

      NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS: hayduke@...
      NEW, EXPANDED WEB SITE! http://www.efmedia.org

      If you can, please help us with any contribution, payable to Earth First!
      Thanks.

      Earth First!
      P.O. Box 324
      Redway, CA 95560