Honor Our Brothers and Sisters

  • Craig
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2001
      Just because we CAN
      does not imply we SHOULD
      -----------------------------------
      Honor ALL Animals by Harming None !
      Go Veggie !
      -----------------------------------
      Americans eat one million animals per hour.
      The Union of Concerned Scientists named meat-eating as the consumer choice
      with the second-worst environmental impact (after cars) on global warming,
      air and water pollution and habitat alteration. Indeed, with every bite at
      every meal, true environmentalists can make a decidedly gentler impact on
      the Earth and on the suffering of animals by going vegetarian/vegan.
      -----------------------------------
      Humans have destroyed more than 30 per cent of the natural world since 1970
      with serious depletion of the forest, freshwater and marine systems on which
      life depends.
      "We have embarked on the greatest extinction episode in 65 million years."
      Conservation International and the World
      Conservation Union reported that 25 primate species in
      Africa, Asia and South America face "an extremely
      high risk of extinction" in the next 10-20 years.