hostile competition gives way to mature collaboration...

  • OlyEcology
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2005
      In updating scientific models and theories such as our conception of a
      non-living universe in entropic expansion and decline, as well as the
      Darwinian hypothesis of endless struggle in scarcity, evolution
      biologist
      and futurist Elisabet Sahtouris helps us discover a living
      self-organizing
      universe and an evolutionary process in which hostile competition gives
      way to mature collaboration in species after species throughout the
      living
      history of Earth. It then becomes clear that the Globalisation of
      humanity
      is a natural, biological, evolutionary process we cannot escape.
      In many ways this process already shows evidence of mature planetwide
      cooperation, yet we face an enormous crisis because the most central and
      important aspect of globalisation -- global economics -- is still
      organized in a manner that so gravely violates the fundamental
      principles
      by which healthy living systems operate that it threatens the demise of
      our whole civilization. Understanding biological evolution from
      macrocosm
      to microcosm, including the amazingly complex evolution of our own
      bodies,
      we find ample clues for moving forward in human
      social/political/economic
      evolution. This permits us to see clearly how to overcome current
      obstacles and insure that our global family and all other species may
      thrive. Dr. Elisabet Sahtouris is an evolution biologist, futurist,
      author
      and consultant on Living Systems Design. She teaches in a sustainable
      business MBA program and consults with corporations and government
      organizations in Australia, Brazil and the USA, showing the relevance of
      biological systems to organizational design in businesses, government
      and
      global trade. She is a citizen of the United States and of Greece, with
      Canadian Ph.D. http://www.greatmystery.org/