Reminder: HLS/Baker Outreach Sunday

  • Ima Vegan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2004
      *****Cross Post Freely******

      True Patriots are those who Speak Out Against
      Injustice & Oppression
      Protect Freedom of Speech & Assembly

      On Sunday, August 1, 2004, NY activists will continue
      the 17 month campaign to Smash Huntingdon Life
      Sciences at the home of it's CEO, Andrew Baker.
      After the demonstration, to protest police harassment
      and the unlawful arrest of an activist on July 18th,
      we will be marching to the NYPD 24th Precinct, where
      we will proudly and loudly, exercise our
      constitutional rights to "Freedom of Speech" &
      "Freedom of Assembly". Although we have obtained a
      sound permit for the Baker demo, our application was
      once again denied for the protest at the 24th
      Precinct. Please join us. Without a bullhorn we will
      need all of your loud and passionate voices!

      Feel free to bring whistles, drums, noise makers, pots
      and pans, etc.

      Event: Community Outreach - Andrew Baker, CEO of HLS
      Date: Sunday, August 1, 2004
      Time: 4:00 pm sharp
      Meeting place: W. 88th St. and Central Park West
      Directions: see bottom of page
      Next Protests: Sunday, August 15, 2004 & August 29,
      2004

      Followed by: March to the New York Police Dept. 24th
      Precinct to celebrate Freedom of Speech and Assembly
      and to protest the withholding of sound permits for
      demonstrations and unlawful arrests.
      Date: Sunday, August 1, 2004
      Time: 6:00 pm
      Place: NYPD 24th Precinct, 151 W. 100th St. (off
      Amsterdam Ave)

      Please continue reading for suggestions on what you
      can do to help stop the harassment of peaceful
      protesters and to restore the protection of our
      constitutional rights. Also following is a message
      about the arrest of activist, Camille Hankins

      Thank you for your support!
      IF YOU CANNOT JOIN US:

      PLEASE HELP US, TO HELP THEM!

      The 70,000+ animals at HLS include cats & dogs,
      puppies & kittens, primates, rabbits, rats & mice and
      even farm animals. These animals suffer great pain,
      before they are killed, to test consumer products. HLS
      does no medical research. There are alternatives to
      animal testing. The animals have no voice. They depend
      on us. If we allow the police to silence us, who will
      speak for the suffering animals at Huntingdon Life
      Sciences?

      Call or write Mayor Bloomberg, Police Commissioner
      Kelly & Inspector Dean to ask them to honor the
      Mayor's commitment to allow peaceful protesters the
      right to "Freedom of Speech and Assembly" as
      guaranteed by our Constitution:

      Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg
      City Hall
      New York, NY 10007
      PHONE: 212-NEW-YORK
      FAX: 212-788-2460

      Inspector James Dean
      24th Precinct
      151 West 100th Street
      New York, New York 10025
      Phone: 212-678-1811
      FAX: 212-678-1839

      or e-mail: Police Commissioner Raymond W. Kelly
      http://www.nyc.gov/html/mail/html/mailnypd.html

      WE WILL NOT BE SILENCED.....WE WILL NOT GO AWAY.

      In solidarity until HLS is nothing but a bad memory,

      Camille Hankins

      For more information, please contact:
      N. Y. Animal Rights Activists
      Smash_HLS_NYC@...