Re: [phoenix-quest] Mysterious pre-cataclysm booms are back in Verde Valley, Arizona

  • Michael Mandeville
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 6, 2012
      MWM responds to material below from Barbara:

      No stretch zone. Compression zone from here to coast

      Lieder is a BAAAAAAAAAAAD source

      This quake could be related to this though time is separated by a few days:

      2.7 81km NNW of Kayenta, Arizona 37.4173 -110.584 16.8 11/30/2012 15:48 uu60006472 http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/uu60006472

      any quake in N. Az is pretty unusual. Kayenta is on very stable flat horizontal ground

      (there are some micro quakes to the west and north which occur related to Grand Canyon)

      Verde Valley and Sedona zone is the basement zone for the Three Sisters volcano peaks (which is the center of a pretty large volcanic field which was last active only about 1000 years ago and spewed out many cinder cones to the east of Flagstaff).

      The continent is deeply riven and faulted in Verde Valley, to the north of it rises the Mogollon Rim of the continental plateau, to the south lies a broken rim edge which takes the form of high mesas which are falling literally to the SW and gradually has been eroded at the southern edge into the Sonoran plain, on which sits the Phoenix Metroplex, and to the west into the Mojave Desert & the Colorado River.

      Between the two lies the Verde valley which runs all the way from Sedona (actually through Oak Creek up close to Flagstaff) to the Fountain Hills and Salt Lakes area to the NE of Scottsdale. It carries water year round from Flagstaff zone to Scottsdale zone.

      About 20 miles from Camp Verde down the Valley the south is a small hot springs, the only known remnant to the volcanic activity in the area. The Three Sisters are quite a distance from it, some 60 miles I would reckon as the crow flies, maybe more, but the hot springs are at about 3000 feet elevation while the Three Sisters tower above 7000 feet over Flagstaff.

      In all probability both the quake and the boomboom are tectonically related by the cracking and fault movements of the interior continental zones forced by the compression movements of the entire plate from the Atlantic to the Pacific. N.A. has been much more tectonically active this year than it has been for perhaps nearly 18 years, it is at a near record high, composed of multitudes of small quakes.

      The boomboom heard over a wide area is specifically a classical signal of steam explosions in the faults through which the magma and heat rises prior to volcanic eruptions. People near active volcanos are quite familiar with these noises. The desert rats out here in Arizona are not.

      If the noises continue, typically sporadically, they probably will be signaling the rise of magma intrusions through the faults. Yep, that means volcanic eruption might eventually result. These boombooms generally produce seismic signals which are under Class 2. These are difficult to detect and record with certainty from remote stations.. Keep in mind that volcanic zones can signal for decades before getting serious.

      Also keep in mind that the Three Sisters field blew an enormous amount of cinders and ash into N and E Arizona, New Mexico zone some 1000 years ago. There were several active vents.. Arizona is not likely to have a mega-quake in the normal run of things, but it sure could have a mega-eruption.

      If more boomboom is heard during the next couple of months, you will probably discover that USGS is setting up a monitoring shop out here, probably through NAU in Flag.

      At 10:28 PM 12/5/2012 -0700, you wrote:

      >http://www.examiner.com/article/mysterious-pre-cataclysm-booms-are-back-verde-valley-arizona Just before 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec 4, 2012, a loud boom was followed by a second blast that shook windows from Cornville to Jerome and Camp Verde, Arizona, rocking Verde Valley for a distance of plus or minus 22 miles. It was just boom-boom-boom-boom-boom all over the Verde Valley.These so-called mysterious booms are related to plate stress and adjustments and represent a wakeup call for the world.CBS 5 News first received reports of the explosion-like noises shortly after 5 p.m. and began checking with law enforcement and government sources. The U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) reported no significant earthquake activity in Arizona that could have created the booms. No surprise there.The Yavapai County Sheriff's Office had deputies in the area who either heard it or tried to respond to resident calls about it. They found nothing.Per Nancy Lieder and ZetaTalk, the sounds are caused by the earth heaving, dropping, and clapping. Lieder writes:Increasingly as the pole shift nears, the Earth will give evidence of the compression and tension in her surface by what humans will perceive to be sonic booms. The mechanism is in fact the same, clapping air masses, the same mechanism that produces thunder. http://www.zetatalk.com/science/s70.htm According to Lieder (who by the way started writing about this stuff in the 1990s), for every compression adjustment of the earth in one place, in some other place an earth rift widens. A widening rift does not jolt the bordering plates as earthquakes do; the adjustment is silent. These so-called mysterious booms can be caused by one of several phenomena:Adjustments that ripple through the land causing a boom when dropping or heaving ground makes the air above it clap as it rushes in to fill a void.Stretch zones booms as land sinks because the rock supporting it pulls apart creating a void - boom . . the air above it claps. This can happen over water as well as land. Snapping rock booms as earth heaves causing poorly supported rock strata to snap . . and boom.Meanwhile back in Cottonwood, Jean Swesey, who was doing homework with her son when she heard the booms says, "It was a whole series of booms, up to six or seven. It was fast, it went loud. We were quiet and then my daughter down the hall screams really loud, ‘Did you hear that?’ I sat there for a second and I heard another set.""It sounded like thunder, but underground," Swesey said. "Like muffled thunder. And all the dogs in the neighborhood, all of them that were outside all started barking at once."It seems that Swesey wasn't alone. Residents in communities in and around Verde Valley and as far away as Flagstaff called 911 or the police or fire department to report the strange booming sounds. The Camp Verde Marshal also received a number of phone calls about the booms, but officers found no evidence of any explosions. The Sedona Fire District even dispatched a crew to check a report of a “strange odor,” which may or may not be related to the sounds.Camp Verde resident John Stephens says, "There was a boom and I thought, thunder. But as I was looking around for clouds I heard a second one that sounded like it came from Mingus Mountain. Then I went to see if the spring on my garage door opener had broken.”Kristi Gagnon, fire marshal for the Camp Verde Fire District, said she and fire Chief Clayton Young were in the administrative offices when they heard the noises. Their curiosity eventually drove them outside the building, believing something had hit the roof, but found nothing there. Having grown up in California, Gagnon thought it was an earthquake. "It had that similar sound but nothing was shaking and the ground wasn't moving. It was interesting for sure," said Gagnon, who did get a report from a resident living near the Camp Verde Library saying the noise actually shook stuff off the shelf.Darby Martin with the Camp Verde Marshal's Office said she received a call from her son who was working for a drilling company, core drilling at the Bagdad copper mine, who reported hearing a similar noise two hours earlier. "He said that around 3 p.m. his crew heard two loud booms. They thought there was an earthquake at the mine," she said.Chief Joe Moore with the Clarkdale Fire District heard it, too, and reported that it sounded just like dynamite.Whatever it was, it did not appear to be an isolated event. It was just boom-boom-boom-boom-boom all over Verde Valley.Let’s see, is Arizona a stretch zone? Let the truth be told. If the continental United States is being pulled diagonally from the San Diego area to up around the New England states, then it most probably is in a stretch zone.

      Best Wishes, Michael Wells Mandeville,
      The Hills of Arizona USA at mwman@...
      Master Website Index is at: http://www.metasynmedia.com

      Author of "Return of the Phoenix" at
      http://www.michaelmandeville.com/phoenix/phoenix.htm
      Author of "Earth Changes Bulletin" at
      http://www.earthchanges-bulletin.com/

      Conversation about the Earth Changes:
      mailto:phoenix-quest-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      To check the latest status of the Change In The Earth and the location of Earth's Axis, go to:
      http://www.earthchanges-bulletin.com/earthmonitor/
      To connect with the on-going Phoenix Quest, go to:
      http://www.michaelmandeville.com/quest/

    • Michael Mandeville
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 7, 2012
        At 10:08 PM 12/7/2012 -0700, you wrote:
        >Michael,
        >I really appreciate what you shared about the possible cause being steam explosions. That said, did you know that similar phenomena was reported in several places across the country within 48 hours? It's keeps getting more interesting...
        >
        ><http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2012/12/earth-boomsground-shaking-reported-in-7-states-last-24-hours-2509284.html>http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2012/12/earth-boomsground-shaking-reported-in-7-states-last-24-hours-2509284.html
        >
        >Individual reports here:

        Thanks Naia for birddogging this. Yes I am aware. There likely are different phenom and different causes. Cornplanter is pretty convinved that the oil industry is creating the phenom in Texas Okla area.

        As you probably know by now there is a large volc. zone from Long Island Calderra to Mojave to Flagg to Williams and then the White Mountains. The western portion through Williams has blown a lot of stuff the past few thousand years and probably will become quite active with the acceleration of the Earth Changes.

        So it is very useful to watch these behemoths for signs. That is why I went in that direction for the Verde Valley boomboom.