Re: Astronomical test confirming Edgar Cayce material

  • Michael Mandeville
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2010
      At 01:09 PM 4/29/2010 -0700, you wrote:

      > I would like to share the results of a test I did of the Edgar Cayce readings:
      > Cayce readings provide a date,time of day,and location for the birth of Christ (don't worry,one's religious beliefs are not important to the following arguement). Cayce also states the star that appeared overhead at the time. I realized that I could use my astronomy software to do a test. I wanted to see if Arcturus was in fact visible at the midnight hour from Bethlehem on the spring date given in the readings. The result was astonishing. Not only was Arcturus visible, it was within half a degree of zenith (the point directly overhead). In case you think it a lucky guess ,realize to calculate the position of a star to within one degee from any point on Earth's surface requires some serious math. Going back 2000yrs means we have to take precession into account as well. Finally,Arcturus has a high proper motion,and has moved over a degree and a quarter through the sky in that time. Cayce's readings are, at the very least, internally consistent in their astronomical claims,and can not be explained by chance.

      MWM: Yes they are consistent and yes the high degree of consistency far transcends "chance". Regarding Arcturus, Cayce predicted that we will find that Arcturus is the center of the local super system of stars. Millennium Twain is exploring that possibility, along with others, including that Sirius and Earth are co-orbiting spiral twins within a larger local system dominated by a major red giant or giants, such as Arcturus.

      Wikipedia says "the <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_brightest_stars>third brightest star in the <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_sky>night sky, after <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sirius>Sirius and <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canopus_%28star%29>Canopus. It is, however, fainter than the combined light of the two main components of <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha_Centauri>Alpha Centauri, which are too close together for the eye to resolve as separate sources of light, making Arcturus appear to be the fourth brightest. It is the second brightest star visible from northern latitudes and the brightest star in the northern celestial hemisphere. The star is in the <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_Interstellar_Cloud>Local Interstellar Cloud. "

      Wikipedia also says that Arcturus is 110 brighter than our Sun, hugely larger than our Sun (hundreds of times) but only a little greater mass than our Sun. Since astrophysics cannot empirically nor theoretically define the total mass in the galaxy, I don't have much regard for non-empirical statements about mass. We could easily awake tomorrow to learn from a new breakthrough that Red Giant suns are completely different critters than conceived during now the distant decades in the 20th century.

      The brightness of Arcturus we know because we can measure it and it WAS THE SECRET OF THE ANCIENT NAVIGATORS. It was prominently used by the Polynesians to point them to multi-thousand mile vectors for landing on small South Sea Islands. "following yonder star".... Probably the Egyptians and the Phoenicians used it as well. (the Phoenicians traversed through the Americas, Africa, and all the away to Australia leaving many crumbs which have been found)

      Arcturus is almost directly overhead at a certain time every year and so all one has to do is be born at the right time of year and place to be born under it. It can easily be seen to be the main attractor outside the solar system because it dominates the night mid-heavens during Aphelion (when the Earth is as far as it gets in its orbit from the Sun). Arcturus is at least definitely part of a zone in the cosmic matrix which draws the ellipse in the Earth's orbit away from the Sun. IT IS IMMENSE, I BELIEVE FROM MEMORY IT IS OVER 100 TIMES THE CIRCUMFERENCE OF OUR SUN. At midnight at Long East 30 and Lat North 30, (approx. the Great Pyramid - Holy Lands) Arcturus is very close on to zenith but a few degrees to the South on March 27. If you progress that to your dates and places, the angles will naturally shift a little. For the most part, Arcturus dominates the night mid sky of Arizona about solstice time, which is how I got connected to it. That points to something...I reasoned.

      On this line of synchronicity, Y'shua was born Spring or near Summer. I don't do zodiac progressions, perhaps you can tell us what sign he was likely born under.

      >I have shared the preceding with you to demonstrate two things: 1. My interest in the Cayce readings, and 2. My approach to them using my education in physics and astronomy.
      >Now to the reason for contacting you: I believe I can explain an observation you posted on your website (about Earth's wobble):
      >"4. If there is a correlation here, it must be based on the alteration of Earth's dynamic spin/orbit of rotation in some synchronicity with a 200 year shift in the average magnitude of the Solar Activity. Is this correlation as simple as long term changes in the average solar wind which acts to load or lighten average drag on Earth's magnetosphere and/or atmosphere? Again, this is worth further investigation but is not usefully used in speculation as of 2007."

      This is a very good question. I will examine this now again in my charts. At the moment I doubt it but this deserves a serious test. I doubt it at the moment because the acceleration in the drift of the wobble is countering the trend of the past 40 years to diminished solar activity.

      Perhaps a slow down in the solar wind "brakes" the drift in the wobble, but this seems to be physical nonsense at first blush. Seemingly it should work the other way. if less solar wind, less drag, faster spin, more net spin energy, greater stability in the spin vis a vis other factors, less drift in the wobble. But shifting orbital mass angles play a part in generating and retarding the wobble, making the equations very very difficult indeed. And as spin speeds up, tectonic plates will move more rapidly, shifting mass more rapidly....upsetting stability....really really hard to get a handle on this.

      The essence of the problem empirically is that we have no record of the rate of drift of the wobble nor its vectors prior to about 1650. We can't see long enough to REALLY figure it out. We have to make long range 1000 year predictions based on relatively short range perspective, practically a guarantee of looking stupid eventually. THAT JUST COOKED THE GOOSE OF GLOBAL WARMING. As the time scale expanded in perspective, the fluctuation of global temperature from 1950 to about 2005 became seen by serious scientists as merely short term some how "natural" in the complex scheme of things, leaving the globalists without any wind in their sails, then to discover on top of that that the books were cooked in a variety of ways finally destroyed the entire issue of global warming.

      Not that the globalists are giving up their propaganda front. They will keep beating that dead horse for awhile yet. It's been such a faithful gold mine, they can't bring themselves to admit it is deader'n a doornail.

      (not that warming will not continue in the Earth and the oceans.....it is tectonically driven and another heat surge will come during the next several years).

      >Your observations here are more important to the "bigger picture" than you may realize.

      I know. I know.

      >Before I continue, are you interested? Do I even have your correct contact info?

      Yes and yes. But I will send a special box separately. P.S. I have sent a copy of these questions and answers to the Earth Changes Bulletin list without your id on it.

      Best Wishes, Michael Wells Mandeville,
      The Hills of Arizona USA at mwman@...
      Master Website Index is at: http://www.metasynmedia.com

      Author of "Return of the Phoenix" at
      Author of "Earth Changes Bulletin" at

      To order any books or products go to

      Email News: everyone concerned about any level of the Earth Changes (geology, climate, economics, politics) must subscribe to:

      Conversation about the Earth Changes:

      To check the latest status of the Change In The Earth and the location of Earth's Axis, go to:
      To connect with the on-going Phoenix Quest, go to: