Hello everyone

  • axel.schwekendiek
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2011
      Hi everyone,

      I just joined this group and quickly wanted to introduce myself.

      My name is Axel and I am a 47-year old guy from Germany. I worked and lived in the US (Iowa) since 2006 but got tired of teaching (I am a Biology Professor), now looking honestly for a different way of living. I am interested in intentional, self-sustainable communities that live off the grid and close to nature, growing their own food, raising their own animals, producing their own energy, etc. I joined this group because, "Earth Rose Farm" seems to offer all of that (and perhaps more) and I would like to see if and how I could possibly fit in.

      I am actually considering to move to Costa Rica permanently (no kidding) and I am looking for the "right" place and/or the right group or community to join. Earth Rose Farm looks very close to what I had in mind and it seems there are many opportunities to develop this beautiful project even further.

      Unfortunately, I do not have a lot of experience in running a farm (although I grew up on one during my childhood). But I am good with my hands, love gardening, aquaculture, and permaculture, plants, and animals. I would love to be part of it.

      I will be in Costa Rica during Christmas (Dec. 19-Jan. 2, 2011) with a group of students from Iowa (teaching a study abroad course). After Jan. 2, I would have time for a visit for a couple of days until the semester starts again in the second week of January. I know this is not much time but I could be back during the summer for more than 3 months.

      I would love to stay in touch to see how things progress on the farm. Please let me know if you have questions or need help with something I could handle from here (setting up a website, getting a volunteer program going, ...). I'd be glad to help.

      Love and blessings,
      Axel