End of July Update

  • Glowing Feather Maji
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 2009
      After 2 years of trying the beginning of the tree reforestation is
      beginning. Only 500 trees this year so we can see if this is all worth
      it. Our plan for 9,000 trees just could not be accomplished this year.
      The hard efforts of Stephen, Carlos & Al are noted. They are trying to
      make good a bad situation. The rains have come it is a wild adventure.
      We have new machines to help like a super weed eater.

      The Farm will only have Al and Carlos to watch over the trees till our
      return in December. The WWOOF volunteer program will start then. We are
      hoping to find a college intern or two that would love to come for 3
      months and be able to achieve college credit. We will have only 4 to 6
      Volunteers to help us at a time starting in late December through May.
      If you are interested contact us early so you can reserve space. Our
      min. commitment is 3 weeks.

      We will also be open for environmental tourism and will have a 3 day or
      more program to come visit the farm in southern Costa Rica with no farm
      work duties just community chores, meal prep & clean-up.

      Lots of great things we are hearing from Al about the water system,
      composting, new gardens, new fruit trees and search for a new well. The
      rain is setting in the roads will be difficult and we are very thankful
      for the hard work and dedication of our caretaker Al from Alabama our
      volunteer Stephen from North Carolina and our paid local Carlos.