Earth Rose Farm Update

  • Glowing Feather Maji
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5 12:50 AM
      I have just returned from spending a week in Costa Rica. The weather was
      very bad lots of rain due to the first tropical storm of the season
      called Alma. The farm is wet, muddy and still very wonderful and very
      tranquil. As you all know We had planned an incredible summer program
      that was to plant over 9,000 trees. We have had great success in our
      volunteer program connected to WWOOF which is a volunteer program for
      those that want to learn & work on organic farms all over the world. We
      have had success with this group along with some recent difficulties. We
      had a personnel problem with our caretaker that we met on the Internet
      that left after only 5 days. A lot of misinformation and false
      accusations sent through the Internet about us and our farm and of the
      20 folks that where coming only a few will actually come to the land. I
      had to return with to reopen the farm with a small crew but still
      missing a real caretaker that has experience working & maintaining
      organic farm as well as helping plant the 9,000 trees that are coming.
      We have decided to have a smaller summer program and we will be open to
      folks that have experience and that would love to help us. We do not
      want to discourage the inexperienced young wwoofers that have been
      emailing us but realize that we really need a long term caretaker till
      our return in December. Our tree reforestation project is on hold at the
      moment and we do not know at this time if we can find someone to focus
      on this. The planting season is right now and will be over by August.
      Keep in touch with this site and feel free to email us with your
      experiences and length of time that you would like to share. Also if you
      want to come next winter when we are there from December through May
      tell us of the dates that you wish to come and your organic farm & tree
      planting experience.