November on the Farm

  • Glowing Feather Maji
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2007

      tael > wrote:

      Hello,

      I am finishing up here at Rainsong Wildlife Sanctuary and am looking
      for another farm to work on starting the 8th or 9th. Do you have any
      room? IF so, I would very much appreciate some directions to your
      farm. I'm looking forward to it!

      Thanks,

      Tael

      <tael> wrote:

      hola I guess im going to meat u guys in November 13th and I will stay
      till December I don't know what day

      I read all the documents that u gave me it sound good
      I just want to make sure if u charge wwoofers
      see u
      tael

      Hi Tael,

      OK I will put you down for November 13th until sometime in December.

      WWOOFers are never charged for the basics. The basics are everything I list as what we provide.  The only things that might cost you would be extras such as milk, eggs, meat, transportation, phone calls and anything else beyond the basics that we buy or that you buy outside the farm. WWOOF will not list any farm that charges WWOOFers to stay there and so no farm listed under WWOOF should be charging you room and board.

      Maji will still be there on the 13th. I arrive December 10th. Ray, another WWOOFer, will be there and so will our caretaker family, David and Lilly, 5 year old Samy and new baby Sid.

      Let me know if you need any help planning your trip to our farm from your previous WWOOF station.   Que la vaya bien,  Rosie

      Dear Tael,

      I am Maji, Rozi's husband; I want to welcome you to our farm and will be able to pick you up in San Isedro. Please check our yahoo web site, look at the past postings to get an idea of our farm  http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/earth_rose_farm/ . Our first crew 2 years ago where from Israel, Aseph & Tsion. We are modeling our system like the first Kibbutz. We honor collective community at the same time honoring personal growth. We are young and have a lot to learn form each other and we do not want to dictate or be controlling. Like rozi said we love the WWOOF'ers concept of volunteerism and want to encourage independent personalities to contribute their individualities for the group dynamics to benefit all who will come after. Email me directly once you have your arrival info. We are three hours south of San Jose on the MUSOC bus line. Our phone may be activated by the time you come if not email is the best way to communicate. You must come between Nov 7th thru Nov 15, the best date is Nov 8th. The Coffee harvest is happening now and you will learn from local farmers till rozi arrives on December 10th. See you soon. Maji aka Glowing Feather

    • Nomadic Gnome
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 5, 2007

        Hi Y'all. I am interested in coming to the farm next year in Late november.
        It has been a desire of mine for about 3 years now and I am almost ready. I have properties in ohio and that is what has kept me from going as well as the x wife and leaving my daughter for that long. But I am planning on getting more in touch on line with Glowingfeather and would love to get the Oracle back when I go to Costa rica with Him ? Would I be going with y'all? Or alone?
        anyway all is going well for us here. We do a Potluck in Cincinatti with joyce, Sandy & Destiny on November 10th...
        Blessings
        Rusty

        __,_._,High___

      • Glowing Feather Maji
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 5, 2007

          --- In earth_rose_farm@yahoogroups.com, Nomadic Gnome <rustyskysilove@...> wrote:

          > Hi Y'all. I am interested in coming to the farm next year in Late november.
          > It has been a desire of mine for about 3 years now and I am almost ready. I have properties in ohio and that is what has kept me from going as well as the x wife and leaving my daughter for that long. But I am planning on getting more in touch on line with Glowingfeather and would love to get the Oracle back when I go to Costa rica with Him ? Would I be going with y'all? Or alone?
          > anyway all is going well for us here. We do a Potluck in Cincinatti with joyce, Sandy & Destiny on November 10th...
          > Blessings
          > Rusty

          Sounds cool brother, Yes still have the oracle, I read it quite a bit, and it's in good condition. I brought it to Arkansas nationals but did not connect with you. I do not bring it to Costa Rica but if you come next November will bring it. November is still rainy season so be prepared. We usually come late November or December. This year I am going on Wednesday for a week than rozi will be going in December and I will return in January. Our plans are to go to Wyoming for the nationals next July. Keep in touch and try to figure out how long you want to stay and what you would like to focus on. November is Coffee HARVEST IF YOU NEVER SEEN ONE ITS A GREAT WAY TO LEARN RESPECT OF THE COFFEE BERRY, which is a fruit and can be eaten around the bean taste sweet unlike raw coffee. .. Love ya brother and stay in touch. It's very important to have some savings for personal expenses. We have a rainbow couple  with 2 children caretaking the farm from May till our return there, but they ran out of money and now feel we are responsible for them 2 adults and 2 children its a bummer because we want to use our $ for the farm and do not want to have to take care of folks who come to the farm broke and expect us to take care of them. We have been happy to have someone on the farm but was hoping that they would have their own $ for personal expenses and such. Last march after the Costa Rican rainbow 7 rainbows came and stayed 2 days along with eating most of the bananas and doing no work what so ever left than went down to the river on a Sunday while locals where walking home from Church and bathed naked  where they could be seen by the locals ... its kind of a rainbow thing I know some folks think that if they come to visit  we are responsible to feed house and give them things. It's not the way to become a permacuture & self sufficient. We are very excited about the WWOOFers they are willing to work 6 hours a day for free to learn the way of the farm and our obligation is to feed and house them with the basics.  We are also interested in finding homesteaders that want to investing hOMesites with skills that are needed along with some $ to help in the improvements, soul far its just been honihawk and I and we have put over $90,000  with another 30,000 to invest but need to put it into the farm infrastructure.  We where hoping by now that there would be others contributing but so far just us.  We are alright with that but will reward those who invest a percentage of what they contribute.  We where modeling our community like a kibbutz that respects individuality effort for the good of the collective.  For the all grows with the one and the One for the all.

          love and light glowing feather & honi hawk