the Dream is Real , the Time is now the Place is Southern Costa Rica

  • glowingfeather
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 17 1:36 AM
      Dear friends & rainbow family & any others you think would like to
      learn more about our southern costa rica organic permaculture farm.
      WE WILL BE posting pictures and will be inviting all who have
      interest in this to come and visit and participate in the dream of
      being in a self-sufficient permaculture community.
      Honi hawk and I glowing feather have just spent 3 years since the
      world gathering looking for land in southern costa rica near San
      Isidro & Dominical. We are at 3,000 feet have 45 areas of land with
      2 horses, 4 milking cows,8 hens laying eggs, established fruit
      orchards of a multitudes of bananas, plantains, coconut, star fruit,
      mango, avocado, and many more varieties. We are planting seeds and
      building lots of vegetable gardens. We have projects to create a
      tree nursery and plant over 27,000 trees.
      We have a 4 bedroom house and building a rancho for campers as well
      as future cabanas and many tent sites. If you are interested and
      have an idea when you would like to come and visit or live there
      check out our yahoo site ...
      earth_rose_farm@yahoogroups.com or email me directly
      glowingfeathre@... > Please if you know folks who would like
      this idea please forward this message.
      I am in south florida now and will be going there for a month
      before the National rainbow gathering in Colorado from mid may till
      mid June. Honi Hawk is there now and we have 2 folks on the land and
      room for several more. We especially need someone responsible for at
      least a 9 month commitment. All expenses paid while you are there
      and can consume what ever the farm produces. We have worked out a
      very reasonable way for people to plug into the projects. There is a
      large rainbow community in the area and we plan by next winter to do
      full moon festivals and host seminars & workshops. If you have
      expertise or even if you would just like to visit check us out in
      yahoo group or email me.
      For those of you that know of my medical open heart surgery I am
      very healthy and this land has given me a whole new lease on life
      and love for the land. During this years nationals we will talk
      extensively about what's going on. This permaculture self sufficient
      living is the way to go & grow. So again I ask you all to spread the
      news and help our farm become part of your vision too.
    • Glowing Feather Maji
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 9, 2006
        Dear Ones,

        It seems that colorado is the place and rainbow the time to dream
        seed the future. I will be returning monday to florida from costa
        rica and on the 19th of june start the journey west. Should be at
        the gathering around June 22 or 23 most lickly set up in bus village
        we will have a white camper trailer with an A frame with a white
        sante fe. Also will cmp out with instant soup kitchen (florida
        family). It will be nice for us to have a few circles about the
        farm. i was very sad to close it down but the rainy season here and
        there is still alot of work to do and needs tlc from more people. We
        plan to talk alot and hopefully to build a clan to go down this
        winter the dry seadon and spend 5 months creating the gardens and
        developing the infrastructure. Sorry I did not see any picture to
        download and I am sure I will remember when we connect at rainbow.
        We are looking for that rainbow soul that wants to live ina tranquil
        enviornment permaculture farm. We are working out a Star & Sun
        system of energy sharing The Suns are the hours of work share for
        the farm and the Stars are material $hares. We are really looking
        for balance but have a way for people who have absolutle no $ to
        work share there way hOMe. No bosses , no leaders just a community
        of individuals creating a common vission of permaculture

        Nomadic Gnome <rustyskysilove@...> wrote:

        To Glowing Feather, Debrah & Sandy

        I just got off the phone with Debrah, I have told her of the Dream
        in Costa
        Rica a few times and she has seemed verry interested, I think she is
        trying
        to get a car or she would be headed to Nationals in Colorado. I told
        Debrah
        on the phone I would give glowing feather Sandy's Phone # for him to
        call
        her at. She has been staying with Us ( Rusty Kim & Kassidy ) up by
        Cleveland,OH. and also with Sandy in Cincinatti,OH. ( Om Valley ) .
        Well I
        was disscouraged from sending her or lettin her in on the Dream, for
        selfish
        reasons, One being I really love her and want her here with us...
        the other
        for garden & Herbal insights , not to mention Rekiki Blessings un
        tapped
        or looked into.
        But I would love to go myself and I think I could learn so much if
        she went
        first....

        So She ( Debrah ) said she has not seen Glowing Feather scince an
        Ocalla
        Gathering.
        Here I am attaching a pic of Debrah with my Daughter so you can put
        a face
        with the name.
        You can call her at Sandy's ... And maybee she will come stay with
        us for a
        bit after the Freedom fest in August.... Our # is toll free if that
        happens...

        Glowing Feather are you gonna go to the East Coast North American
        Gathering
        ( NERF ) in Late August?

        She would really like to be the one to go back with Y'all to Costa
        Rica and
        I know she would be more of a blessing than anything else...
        Namaste' Rusty

        ok Here are eachothers e mails and contact info~

        --- In earth_rose_farm@yahoogroups.com, "glowingfeather"
        <glowingfeather@...> wrote:

        > Dear friends & rainbow family & any others you think would like to
        > learn more about our southern costa rica organic permaculture
        farm.
        > WE WILL BE posting pictures and will be inviting all who have
        > interest in this to come and visit and participate in the dream of
        > being in a self-sufficient permaculture community.
        > Honi hawk and I glowing feather have just spent 3 years since the
        > world gathering looking for land in southern costa rica near San
        > Isidro & Dominical. We are at 3,000 feet have 45 areas of land
        with
        > 2 horses, 4 milking cows,8 hens laying eggs, established fruit
        > orchards of a multitudes of bananas, plantains, coconut, star
        fruit,
        > mango, avocado, and many more varieties. We are planting seeds and
        > building lots of vegetable gardens. We have projects to create a
        > tree nursery and plant over 27,000 trees.
        > We have a 4 bedroom house and building a rancho for campers as
        well
        > as future cabanas and many tent sites. If you are interested and
        > have an idea when you would like to come and visit or live there
        > check out our yahoo site ...
        > earth_rose_farm@yahoogroups.com or email me directly
        > glowingfeathre@... > Please if you know folks who would like
        > this idea please forward this message.
        > I am in south florida now and will be going there for a month
        > before the National rainbow gathering in Colorado from mid may
        till
        > mid June. Honi Hawk is there now and we have 2 folks on the land
        and
        > room for several more. We especially need someone responsible for
        at
        > least a 9 month commitment. All expenses paid while you are there
        > and can consume what ever the farm produces. We have worked out a
        > very reasonable way for people to plug into the projects. There is
        > large rainbow community in the area and we plan by next winter to
        do
        > full moon festivals and host seminars & workshops. If you have
        > expertise or even if you would just like to visit check us out in
        > yahoo group or email me.
        > For those of you that know of my medical open heart surgery I am
        > very healthy and this land has given me a whole new lease on life
        > and love for the land. During this years nationals we will talk
        > extensively about what's going on. This permaculture self
        sufficient
        > living is the way to go & grow. So again I ask you all to spread
        the
        > news and help our farm become part of your vision too.

      • Earth Rose Farm
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 26, 2011
          This was our 1st posting 5 years ago.

[...]

           We have had over 130 volunteers when we have been here and  several caretakers over the 5 summers we had left the farm in the hands of others.  Bringing us both to Joys & Tears, Happiness & Sadness,  Delight &  Fright. Experiencing  the Good, the Bad, the Ugly, the Beautiful, the Evil & the Divine.  We returned again a few weeks ago to find our beloved rooster Oscar and 5 out of 7 hens dead probably from starvation or thirst, when the latest care less takers  decided to take of for days at a time to the beaches,  San Jose for Xmas & Panama. The house was a mess and showed of neglect most of the gardens unkept.

          Rosie and I was greeted by Dylan who came late December to an abandoned farm. He cleaned for a few days before we came back so it was not as bad as he had found it. Rosie and I cried than rolled up our sleeves and for the past three weeks along with paid local helpers Wilbith & Carlos as well as our new Tico managers and our first investors Christian & Sonia brought our farm back to life.

          Our first group of animals of 8 cows, 3 horses & 8 hens where sold to slaughter by the Evil Care less takers Ella and Sol, 3 summers ago almost made us give up. Along with the animals almost $7,000 worth of materials & equipment and our beloved cat journey where gone. We held each other took responsibility & started over. Two summers ago we entrusted Al from Alabama who did good work by building up the greenhouse but had lied, stolen and was inappropriate with one of our volunteers brought us to again tears and we said never again. Yet I did not want to leave the farm unattended and trusted two groups this past summer. Ana  only 19 years old gave the farm over this past August and when I returned in September did a fine job for being on her own for the first time, except for leaving a lot of empty booze bottles and breaking into our private room. Again Rosie wanted to close it down but I choose to believe in mid 20´s Liz & Jessica. Another major disappointment, filthy dirty sheets, blankets, pots, pans, washing machine broken, tools left rusted and the loss of our beautiful rooster & 5 hens

          Now the survivor hens named Thelma & Louise where left along with our new mouser cat very thin but alive are nursed back to health. We have two pregnant cows named cocoa & Elsie along with Brama Mama & her new calf bull Duke

          We have started our new home with two local workers. We have planted many new veggies and pineapples. Although all our January volunteers are no shows we have 4 New Yorkers volunteers very excited to be coming to the farm. A new beginning with our new found Tico family who have guaranteed us they will look after the farm when we leave this May so that all will not be in vain.

          Rosie and I are grateful to all those hardworking full of energy volunteers that have come through the doorways and shared our community meals over the past years. We feel deeply sorry for those who have exploited our generosity and Pity for those who have  defiled and purposely tried to destroy our dream. They will never win for Rosie and i are still standing and have all the Hope & Faith as we did on our first postings because we know this bliss. Good will always in all ways  triumph over Evil. We will only fail if we quit which we will never surrender, we will fight with all the passion and joy by sowing the seeds of the future. We have over 9,000 trees we planted this year and over 500 trees we planted last year some that are 10 feet tall already.

          The future is Rosie on Earth Rose Farm, we have learned form the Past and have a great presence in the present. We look forward to all our tomorrows with the same open hearted free spirited truth of our youth. One day at a time.

          --
        • Travis Britzke

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 31, 2011
              I will post for the past 5 years our birthday messeges and than an update and also we will belive tomorrow April on on face book from midnight March 31st and april 1st to midnight april 2nd 24 hours of earth rose farm magic... The begining