Shakuhachi concert on June 29

  • recordertooter
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2013
      Hi everyone,

      I'm posting this for a friend who belongs to a Shakuhachi club, so this post isn't actually about early music. That being said, those of you who are recorder enthusiasts may be interested in hearing a real Japanese Shakuhachi virtuoso.

      I heard him perform a few months ago and he was amazing - lots of different instruments of different sizes and tone color. Here are the details:

      The Magic and Mystery of Bamboo: Kaoru Kakizakai Plays Shakuhachi (Japanese Bamboo Flute)

      Internationally known Japanese musician Kaoru Kakizakai returns to the Valley to perform a solo concert. His repertoire includes secular and spiritual music spanning ancient to modern times. Don't miss this rare opportunity to experience a master Shakuhachi musician and performer.

      7:30pm Saturday, June 29, 2013

      Valley Unitarian Universalist Congregation. 6400 Del Rio Ave. Chandler, AZ

      Concert tickets are $18 for adults in advance ($20 at the door). $13 for students in advance($15 at the door) $10 for children under 12. Tickets available at: http://phoenixazshakuhachi.com or call 480-961-3223 for details.

      Kakizakai is also available for private and group shakuhachi lessons during the week prior to the concert. (Flute loan available.) Call 480-961-3223 for details.