Phoenix Recorder Workshops - Spring 2012

  • AM
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 25, 2011
      Spring Recorder Workshops in Phoenix – save the dates!

      Greetings, recorder players! The Desert Pipes, Phoenix-area chapter of the ARS, invite you to TWO recorder workshops coming up in Spring 2012. So save the dates!

      Saturday, February 25 with Annette Bauer

      Annette Bauer is a member of the Farallon Recorder Quartet and Canconier, two celebrated San Francisco Bay Area ensembles. Canconier will be performing in the Arizona Early Music Society series on Sunday, Feb. 26, in Tucson.

      Saturday and Sunday, April 14 and 15 with Louise Austin

      Join us for an all-day Saturday and half-day Sunday workshop with Louise Austin, recipient of the ARS Presidential Special Honor Award; noted teacher, dancer, lecturer and performer; director of the Milwaukee (WI) Area Recorder Society, Oak Park (IL) Recorder School, and Whitewater (WI) Early Music Festival; and longtime member of the ARS Board.

      Mark your calendars and watch for more details on the Desert Pipes Web site at www.desertpipes.org.

      Please share this information with your recorder friends who may not be on our mailing list. We look forward to seeing you in the spring for these wonderful workshops!

      Desert Pipes, Phoenix ARS chapter
      www.desertpipe.org
      info@...
    • Irene
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 27, 2011
        Hi Ann,

        I am so excited to see Louise - she's the first recorder teacher I ever met way back in Chicago when I was a rank beginner with a plastic soprano and a borrowed plastic alto. I never took lessons with her because she was already in Wisconsin, but we've stayed in touch over the years and she's a friend on facebook. I think I am performing that Sat. night on the Chandler Symph chamber series with Harry Fisher and crew, but I'll have to make arrangements to see her!

        Irene