Toms Shoes - look suitable for historical costumes

  • koenigaz
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2008
      Hi, everyone,

      Through an ad in the Heifer International magazine and an item on CNN,
      I've just learned about Toms Shoes - http://www.tomsshoes.com/. They
      make and sell cloth shoes, and for every pair purchased they donate a
      pair of shoes to a needy child. So far their shoes have gone to tens
      of thousands of kids in Argentina, South Africa, and Mississippi, in
      the Katrina-hit Gulf area. Their donation goal for 2008 is 200,000
      pairs of shoes.

      When I looked at the shoes online, I thought some of the models would
      be great for a "medieval" or "Renaissance" costume. Take a look. The
      shoes can be ordered online, and are also available in some retail
      stores. Using the "store locator" on the Web site, you'll see that
      they're also sold in several stores in the Phoenix area.

      You might already be familiar with Toms Shoes, but for those who
      aren't, I wanted to share this info with you.

      Best to all,
      Ann Koenig