Bartholomew Faire at Mama Javas on Thursday evening

  • Irene
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 13, 2006
      If you're winding down from the day's shopping (or work) and need a
      hot toddy and a smile, come on by to Mama Java's at the SE corner of
      36th st and Indian School this Thursday night and enjoy some good ol'
      Medieval, Renaissance and Baroque Christmas music played by
      Bartholomew Faire. Thursday's lineup will feature Irene Rosenthal on
      recorders, Renee Guillory and Heather Dollak on vocals, Danielle
      Franklin on harp and vocals, Louis Rodriguez with his citole and
      bagpipes, and Stefan Dollak on lute, pipe & tabor, hurdy-gurdy and
      shawm.

      The action starts at 7 pm, but we might be moved to a later time, like
      8:30. Either way, it's a wonderful way to spend an evening. And,
      it's FREE ADMISSION!

      We'll be playing again on Christmas Eve at Church of the Beatitudes.

      Irene
    • Kellie Walker
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 8 10:10 AM
        Hi All: Many of you probably know John Metz and Barbara Bailey Metz, who moved to Connecticut a couple of years ago after many years of being active with early music and classical music at ASU and in the Phoenix area.  They are in the state doing a few concerts of piano and cello duets, and will be in Chandler on Saturday Feb. 17 to give a 7 PM concert at the Valley Unitarian Universalist church, as part of our Vuusica concert series.

        Discount tickets are available through showup.com or at the door for $10.  There is also babysitting available for $5 per child, if reserved by contacting me at kelliesings@... by noon on Friday Feb. 16.  For directions to the church (near Ray and Kyrene) and more information on our concert series, see our website at vuu.org.  Also, I have attached a file with a press release about the Metz concert.  They will be playing sonatas by Brahms and by Shostakovich, a lively piece by Argentine composer Alberto Ginastera, and a meditative piece by Messiaen.  Light refreshments are also available for purchase that evening.

        Please help pass the word, and thank you for your interest!  -Kellie Walker, Director of Music Ministries at the Valley Unitarian Universalist Church, Chandler

        8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time