[Fwd: Musica Sonora Concert - May 20, 2006]

  • Linda Rising
    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2006
      -------- Original Message --------

      This is an Early Music concert announcement from your Tucson Recorder Society president. I hope you don't mind.

      El Bravo León: Music from the Spanish Reconquista

      Musica Sonora, an early music vocal chamber ensemble directed by Christina Jarvis, will present works from Spain and the New World, on Saturday, May 20, 2006, at 7:30 p.m. at Grace St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 2331 E. Adams Street.

      The program includes music from the courts of Alfonso X "el Sabio" and Ferdinand and Isabella, and cathedral collections in Mexico, Peru, and Bolivia, by Encina, Flecha, Morales, Rivafrecha, Ignacio Jerusalem y Stella and the ever-creative Anónimo.

      Featured soloists are Victoria Kinghorn, and Christina Jarvis, sopranos, James Callegary, tenor, and Mark Jarvis, baritone, with Barbara Else, recorder; Gonzalo Molano, baroque guitar; John Contreras, vihuela; José Flores and Ben Nisbet, violins, Robert Chamberlain, cello; Lori Keyne, harpsichord; and Todd Hammes, percussion.

      Tickets are $10.00 general admission and $5 for students.

      For further information, please call 628-8119 or visit our website at
      <www.musicasonora.org>.

      See you there.

      Regards,
      Scott Mason