Scottsdale Sr. Center - need musician volunteers

  • koenigaz
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2005
      Hello, early music friends,

      I would like to share with you a request from the Scottsdale Senior
      Center's "Low Vision group". This is a weekly activity program for
      senior citizens who are visually-impaired. They meet every Monday and
      enjoy having music programs as part of their activities. They would
      like to invite musicians to provide entertainment, lead sing-alongs,
      present interesting programs, etc., in a time slot of 10 a.m. to 11
      a.m. on Monday mornings.

      Some of the members of the Desert Pipes recorder group have played
      there for St. Patrick's Day the last few years, and we've had fun
      with Irish "chune" sing-alongs, getting a senior or two up to dance a
      jig, teaching them a little about the various recorders, etc. We're
      on their schedule again for an Irish program in March 2006.

      The coordinator of this activity hour is one of the senior citizens
      who belongs to the Low Vision group, and as she says, "We're here 52
      weeks a year" and always looking for some type of musical activity
      for the group. It could be a one-time thing, or a regular commitment.

      If you or your group would like to play for this group, or if you
      know someone else who would - on any instrument and any type of
      music - please email me, and I will give you the name of the person
      to contact to get involved.

      Please pass this on to other musicians you know, too. I told the
      coordinator that I would share her invitation with our early music
      list, which connects to an even larger network. Hope that we can cast
      the net wide and help the Scottsdale Sr. Citizen Center's Low Vision
      group enjoy some nice music programs in the future.

      Thanks for your interest!

      Ann Koenig
      ann@...